rant....

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
Ok ladies here goes a major rant! Im actually REALLY annoyed with my family! iv had nothing but negative comments from them regarding cloth nappies! some of the comments are "why are you going back too nature" oh and the best ones behind my back are aparently i think im "super mum" or "mother threaser!" f**king idiots! theres absoloutly no need to bitch about me! there my kids surely what i do is my bussiness? and if they dont like it then fair enuff but jeez dont bitch about me because of it! oh i cannot WAIT too see what they all think about the BLW :rofl: that should spark some good comments, just pisses me off that these people are my family and my own mother included isnt ur mum supposed too be the one who sticks up for u and supports u no matter what you do? yeah well not my mum! she cant even make the effort too come visit them how on earth does she think she has a right too comment on it what i do with them!? ya know i give up i get all exited about the switch and it gets snubbed by everyone makes me feel like shit! but i wont let it stop me! infact im even more determind too prove to them its better for me!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Yea i get it a lot, not from my family thankfully but everytime i mention it or my business i always find my self justifying my self, saying i'm not an earth mother or hippy or anything it just happened like that!

yeah wtf is that all about EARTH MOTHER!? arghhhhh pisses me off, my mum actually said "why are u beeing all natrual" WHAT THEEEEEE why am i beeing natural? ok so beeing natural is a bad thing is it? thats a sad sad world we live in when beeing natrual is looked upon as wierd!

tbh, stuff em, people always give me the funny looks and i just ignore them, at the end of the day its up to you what you do with your own kids and your family should be more bloody supportive, esp your mam!

x

ugh how annoying for you

cool kids wear cloth nappies!

offer to pile your used disposables in their garden for the next 100 years and see if they are still so insistant on disposables :)

easier said than done i know but ignore them, they are your children, you do what you think is best for them and yourself, stuff anyone else :)

I get this too, and don't even get me started on the comments regarding kaidens amber necklace! I'm like, yes it's safe, no it's not a fashion accesory and yes it does work! Lol

I think you should offer your mum an always towel and a CSP towel and see which she prefers!!

think is tho she used terrys for me! ok that was 23 years ago but just because were 23 years on that makes sposies normal? you whaaattt! oh yeah i mentioned the necklace too her she said too me on the phone oh yeah what a nice idea "it probably wont work tho" then probably went a bitched about it too my auntie! pisses me off that she agrees with me on the phone then goes off and basicly laughs at me behind my back! childish!

it is strange like, no ones really said anything to me yet lol, iev had the sidelong glances but no ones actually said anything, apart from mil asking if she could just use disposables at hers, but i said no! haha

leyla was BLW, BF, BW, cloth nappied, has an amber necklace, has two bracelets, one on each arm lol, most things youd expect people to bitch about but people must know how gobby i am cos no one says anything haha :blush:

x

oh yeah the wrap that was amusing too them too! annoys the crap outa be, if i wore him in the baby bjorn sling all the time they wouldnt say ANYTHING but because the wrap looks diffrent that makes me "earth mother"...no i bought it because its more comfy for me!!!

My family don't really say anything but they don't take it seriously they just go , 'oh, OK' and brush me off as if I'm slightly mental which is annoying but they would use cloth if Ryan was left with any of them. I thin k the older generation aswell think of all the work that was involved in reuseables years ago and think we are making life harder on ourselves. I don't know, don't really care either tbh they're entitled to their opinions and me mine so if they don't like it they can take a run and jump cos I'm not asking them what they think x

welcome to the weirdo club hun!! i get things like that all of the time... Daisy has worn cloth, BF, BLW, we occasionally co sleep and i wear her (and on my back too which is even worse apparently) and all i get a nasty snipes and comments...and lots of it comes from family :dohh: especially my mum!!! (the bitch that she is!) :blush: i just rise above it (as best i can) then rant to OH or on here :hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxx

haha yeah the wierdo club indeed! i do mostly co-sleep too actually but again thats not because im a crazy hippy its because im LAZY! :rofl:

LOL... i just ut everything down to being lazy..

I BF cos i'm too lazy to make bottles (tho she's combi fed now)
I BLW cos i'm too lazy to make purees
I wear cos i'm too lazy to push a pram
I co slept cos i'm too lazy to get up
and we use cloth cos we're too lazy to go to the shops every week n come back with masss of nappies and i'm too lazy to go outside n bin nappies every couple of hours!!

LMAO.....say that to people and it gets even better !! LOL

i didnt tell anyone about blw'ing unless they asked cos people just thought it was their place to try tell it was wrong although they never heard of it.

i used terry nappies on rosie 15 yrs ago no-one battered an eye so whats so dfferent to cloth nappy its stupid.

ignore them hun sounds like they a tad jealous that you dont follow a mould and are being ignorant to what is now a very common way to wean and way of using nappies.

dont even get me started what comments i had when i put teething necklace on Rys lol

:rofl: yep im definatly too lazy too bottle feed and getting out of bed too pick him up to feed him pffffft thats an effort!! altho the BF thing seems normal the family dont mind that, my mam doesnt seem too like me doing it in public but she seems too act TOO much like she doesnt mind? know what i mean like "oh them poor lads dont know were too look" like when they havnt even looked at me never mind relised im BFing! haha

yeah ...my mum is soooo against BF and even more about people seeing you do it !! i remember when i was in hospital i was BFin and the door was open...she was goin mad about it LMAO!! she even said...hang on i need to make a hone call close the door so noone sees ...then went on to make a totally pointless phone call :dohh:

can you tell how much i love my mummy LMAO!

Just tell them to join up here and feel the wrath of us lot :rofl:

I'm lucky, no one has ever said anything to me - they all think its fab :D

funny how people that used cloth nappies and breast fed 20 - 30 years ago are against it now, i mean are they therefore saying their own parenting techniques were wrong ......

good point button..my mum didnt BF...she hates people who BF!!! she didnt want me to :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->