rant....

ooh yes i can tell u reallly like ur mum! my mum never BF us eaither aparently we "wouldnt take it" yeah hmmm ok...she did express for a short time tho! she always goes on about me expressing telling her harry WILL NOT take a bottle she doesnt seem too understand!

Whos been saying that? We cant be strange together soon.

I think i've been lucky my family have been supportive of BF and cloth nappies, mum has mentioned earlier weaning, but she kind of understands BLW as Noah like holding sticks of fruit and veg to munch on.

Even the nn mil loves the nappies.

The only really annoying thing I've found is MIL with the amber necklace. She's not overly negative but she ALWAYS brings it up and never listens when I tell her what it's for. OH now just tells her I bought it from a witch on the internet. I think she's scared of witches (!) so that shuts her up!

:rofl: @being scared of witches. My mum never BF but then she was a ragin alcoholic but a couple of my other family members BF and are pretty supportive although one of them switched to combi after 6 weeks which is fine that was up to her but then at 5 months her LO stopped BFing all together, just refused obviously because it was easier to get milk from a bottle. But then when I was saying I was hoping to BF past 6 months she kept saying 'Oh but he might be like my LO and just not want to anymore' and I'm like but Ry doesn't have a bottle so he doesn't know anything else exists then she kept going on about how they get to a point where they just don't want to anymore. Was like going round in circles :dohh: She also always say, everytime I've got Ry in a wrap since he's been about 3 onths, 'Oh, you won't be able to do that much longer' and I say well I plan on doing it till he's a toddler and then she just goes on about how I would be easier using a pram and it's prob a celeb trend, again :dohh:

agh! sorry you are getting this! I GOT SIMILAR FROM MY BRO / sil but bro just laughs and calls me a hippy (always has) i just call him a chav (he is) and move on! mil always makes some comment about how hot he must be in his nappies but i ignore her. mum has been surprisingly supportive of nappies, amber etc but my dad is hugely rude about it, very annoying but i dont tell anyone my parenting choices except oh who has no choice but to agree haha!
key: your choice! stuff em. say you wont bother talking to them unless they can be less bitchy and more supportive, see what they say then!

my family just leave me to it - i don't even care what they say when i'm not there to be honest.
my mum admitted to me she was too embarrassed to breastfeed - but she doesn't mind me doing it. With BLW she's worried he's going to choke himself! i told her to stop being silly, he knows his limits.
as for his amber - my SIL had already heard good things about them. But i do joke that my little man does look a little like a hippy with his amber and fluffy bum.

my mother laura! finds it highly amusing! should have heard her and elaine on the phone together laughing pissed me off no end! kinda showing off with elaine tho i think!

harr got his amber today :) hope it works! thing with this is if anyone says anything to me im going too say ...do you think peope who ware copper braclects are wierdo hippys? because its no diffrent!

ooo iv started a trend a friend who lives near me is asking me all about them now! hope i can convert her too :)

i wonder if when sposies were first 'released' if people laughed about them :shrug:

change is good and things do have to 'move on' but i also think it is sad that some changes that were made .... not just the cross over into sposies becoming 'norm' but alot of produces we have now are basically killing our earth, which is fine for us but what about our children and our childrens children. I mean it is only now .... 15 - 20 years on we are seeing the negative effects of some of these products on our earth, sometimes we have to accept, the old ways are the best

My mum is weird when I mention cloth nappies too. She's all for them but doesn't 'see the point' in modern fitted ones versus terry nappy squares. I get "they worked fine for you" and a long talk about how she soaked them, washed them in a top loader, talk of nappy pins and 'plastic pants'. I think she just thinks it's frivolous to do anything else. My MIL is similar but does think the new ones are much cuter.

But then my mum has been quite competitive over mine and her pregnancies. everytime I see her she tells me was in her normal jeans as soon as she left hopital (7 day stay), no tears, no stretch marks, easy labour, BF was really easy with me. But she did have MS all the way through, so when mine stopped she was all gloaty about how she'd had to endure it for much longer. Very odd.

My sisters are twins and she always told them they were breastfed. It only emerged in their 20's that they'd been bottle fed. For some reason she'd felt the need to lie about it all that time. Very very odd.

And then there's the standard response if I mention getting a wrap or other baby carrier. "Ooooh, they get heavy you know......" *sucks air through teeth*. My response is that carriers are designed to distribute the weight and I'll be starting when they're young so will build up the muscles I need, it's not like carrying them in your arms. Then follows her standard reply again, my response, yet again and so on for about 6 cycles. Gargh!

My mum drives me insane!

But then my mum has been quite competitive over mine and her pregnancies. everytime I see her she tells me was in her normal jeans as soon as she left hopital (7 day stay), no tears, no stretch marks, easy labour, BF was really easy with me. But she did have MS all the way through, so when mine stopped she was all gloaty about how she'd had to endure it for much longer. Very odd.

I always find it really funny how where babies are concerned there's often a competition - either you have to be the worst or the best. You can guarantee that if you mention something about your baby sleeping really well, some other mum's baby sleeps far better, but if you complain about lack of sleep, they had it far worse! Nobody's just in the middle... either they had a much worse labour or they breezed through it; they're a nightmare to feed or they're an angel; teething was easy or awful. I'll be happy with just a normal baby thanks!

My mum is weird when I mention cloth nappies too. She's all for them but doesn't 'see the point' in modern fitted ones versus terry nappy squares. I get "they worked fine for you" and a long talk about how she soaked them, washed them in a top loader, talk of nappy pins and 'plastic pants'. I think she just thinks it's frivolous to do anything else.

This is what I get when I mention nappies! I agree with her that terries are cheaper but so far my stash is all pre-loved/bought on offer - so not costing me that much more!

As for BLW, I love the idea (also lazy!!!) and am quite glad I've got quite a few months before I need to bring it up to the rest of the family!

I'm hoping once baby is here and everyone sees the cute factor of my fluff, they'll all come around to my way of thinking!

As for BLW, I love the idea (also lazy!!!) and am quite glad I've got quite a few months before I need to bring it up to the rest of the family!

Ha remember you'll be scrubbing mashed in brocolli off the walls :rofl:

I gave Leyla some a week ago and I'm still finding bits of it now :dohh: That may say more about my cleaning skills (domestic goddess, NOT) than the BLW though. Still even if you scrub for half an hour a day, it's still much easier than pureeing everything and much more fun!

That's really unfair of them!
My mum was the opposite and actually convinced me to try - even though she didn't really like the old fashioned terry nappies I had on as a baby!

I was assuming they would be like terry nappies too - so maybe just show them a cloth nappy and they will see it is just like a normal nappy just cloth lol

Because being supermum is a bad thing? I've had some comments sort of, mum turned her nose up at fleece liners at first for some reason :wacko: and my gran says I need to "stick her in her pram, she'll get used to it!" probably because my mum bought it for us and hates that we never use it but Molly cries in her pram, she hates it so once we got the MT we never looked back. I'm not letting her CIO just because when I actually LOVE wearing her.

It doesn't annoy me, but it does baffle me. I'm proud to do all of those things, I do everything possible for Molly that is considered best for babies so yeah maybe we are supermums? I think it just highlights peoples own feelings of inadequacy when they can see people doing things that they know are better.

Big :hugs: just laugh in their faces, works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->