Rasberry leaf tea.

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
Last month from cd1 to cd14 I drank rasberry leaf tea to help make a thicker lining in the womb. I am sure my period is heavier this month so I think it worked. I´m going to do it again this month and see if it is consistant. Anyone else tried this or want to try it so we can see if it is just my imagination?

Well if AF comes along I'll be giving it ago as my last period worried me as I never got more than a light to moderate flow and before my last lot of BC my periods were moderate to heavy.

I know it's pointless doing everything else right if the uterine lining is too thin :nope:

Did you take it in the tea form or capsule/pill? How much mg per day did you take?

I just put some in my morning pot of tea every day. About the same amount as I would if it was tea. I could only buy it loose and pure here so I tried that. I have searched on the web and it is supposed to be good for stimulating the uterus for conception and then again at the end of pregnancy. fingers crossed you get you bfp this cycle anyway.

:flower:That's interesting , thanks for sharing , if I can find it here might give it a go :hugs:

Hmmm don't know if I'm going to mess with anything else next month, my EPO experience this month hasn't been great, almost certain that is what has stuffed up my cycle. But I'll be interested to hear everyone else's experience.

I can understand your reluctance Northstar :hugs:

I had such a bad experience with soy last month but I think I'm a little fool-hardy :dohh: as I dropped the soy but added Royal Jelly but thankfully this cycle has been ok :)

Yeah I've heard conflicting stories about soy Macwooly, don't know if I'd be game, whereas royal jelly I guess a lot of people take that, for general health purposes rather than TTC reasons.

Some of this herbal stuff is actually pretty strong, and I'm wondering that it doesn't have to go through the same testing processes and regulation as pharmaceuticals...

Ironically only reason for adding EPO was my spotty chin I was happy with my cycle length as it was 26 days with a 10/16 split.

I have been on EPO for about 18 months as I heard it was good for depression so when I came off BC I carried on taking it but stopping at ovulation so I think my cycles had already adjusted for it :shrug:

With your DH's work schedule the last thing you need is something messing your cycle length around in case that affects all the good work you've done shifting your ovulation day. I do hope it all settles soon for you :hugs:

Hi I felt too nervous to try epo as ive been lucky enough to a reg 27 day cycle and I seem to be o ing so was worried about messing it all up. I'd read some iffy results with soy but gave taken royal jelly in the past which was fine. For me I'm boosting anything that aids iron absorption . Your right though about needing to be careful with herbs some are seriously potent. I'm going to try flax seed post o this month . Good luck everyone.

Herbs are drugs. Herbs were the FIRST pharmaceuticals. Many of our drugs are chemically based on herbs and plant (aspirin, for example, is white willow bark, the natural source of acetylsalicylic acid, and the vinca alkaloid chemotherapy drugs - vincristine, vinorelabine, and vinblastine, are from the vinca plant catharanthus).

They're drugs, and sometimes that's hard for folks (including me) to remember.

Raspberry leaf isn´t herbal, it´s plantal, can I say that? well what I mean is it is just the leaves not any extract. Mind you peas are contraceptive so your right anything can have an effect. However it didn´t mess with my cycle the way soy can, but then I didn´t take loads either. I take epo up to cd14 then flax but the epo you buy in shops tecd to be a very low dose and my herbalist told me to take 4 a day. I find 3 a day half a cycle is ok but more and my cycle shortens.

I get anxious about taking a lot of things as I don't want anything messing with my cycle. So far I haven't heard anything bad about the raspberry leaf tea, so I might consider it.

Why do you only take it from CD1 - CD14?

yup apparently they have been found to have such a strong anti conception porpertys that they are being used to develop new contraceptions. But I got that from Ellie Lewis´s conception site and she is trying to sell her system so it might be rubbish... don´t eat them just in case.

That was my vegetable for tonight's dinner...We love peas...Have it at least 1x/week...

When I was a vet nurse, some farmers would use peas in large quantities in their cattle or sheep feed to delay or stop ovulation (plant oestrogen) so I would suspect that it would be same in humans (we're all mammals)

But seeing the quantity required for a cow I would hate to think how much a human would need to eat :)

Please tell me there is nothing wrong with corn? :wacko:

Feck what was the upshot of our pineapple conversation whilst we're over analysing our diet here ladies, I bought one the other day when they were on special and now I'm frightened to eat it.

Honestly I think have whatever vegetables you like but none to excess.

Peas are in the same family as soya beans which I think is why there is concern over them but corn and beans aren't :)

And the BBC health website says peas are a good source of folic acid so ladies if you want a serving of peas once a week go for it :)

Peas would delay ovulation if anything as it's oestrogen. I have approx 3 servings a week (total weight approx 500g/1lb) and I have ovulated this month with no issue.

Goodness I've just realised I eat a LOT of peas :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->