Rash appearing all over my body!!!

Kirstiedenman

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this as a pregnancy symptom?
I suffer from dermis is normally but the last week I have come up with this red dotted looking rash it started on my forearms and now it's on my iner thighs, sides of my hips, hands and today it had broke out on my face, a bit on my lower legs and On the front of my belly. It itches but it also burns and I have tried eczema and ermitia dream and nothing is helping as well as moisturiser which stopped my face from burning but hasn't taken the rash away. Once the burning goes it's like it dries out and goes all scaly I have no idea what it is at first I though pupps but then I read that it only happens in first pregnancies and this is my second. If any of you have had this what did you do for relief?

I really would get it checked out if I were you. Better to be safe than sorry x

There is another kind of pregnancy rash, atopic rash of pregnancy, which usually occurs in people who suffer already with allergies, ezcema, etc.

That said, I got a rash in 2nd tri and after using a really good tea tree oil bodywash (from a health food store), it dried up and disappeared.

Thanks ladies. I have my dr appointment on Wednesday so will get it checked then. Hopefully it's just a rash like you were talking about j.d

Sounds like PUPPPS to me...had it when I was pregnant with DD on my feet and it was horrible. Went away right after I had her though, which was a huge relief!

I thought pupps as well but apparently it only happens in your first pregnancy and this is my second or is the information I read not accurate? It looks a lot like pupps apart from my face which is just a blotchy dry rash

I did a search and a few forums popped up with women saying that they were diagnosed with pupps in a second pregnancy (because it went away on it's own after baby was born). Since pupps is so rare in a first pregnancy, it is very unlikely to happen in a second pregnancy, but unfortunately still possible. I wouldn't rule it out, but you want to look into other likely causes first before jumping to any conclusions because it's not a likely candidate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->