Rash

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
Oliver has what looks like excema on his arms and bum cheeks. He has a few red raised patchy bits, looks sore!

He's had it for a week now...but during the past 48 hours he has developed a new rash all over his belly. There tiny red dots all over him. I thought it maybe a heat rash but when i googled and looked at some pix, it didnt look like that and apparently heat rash is not raised. Doesnt look like nettle rash either.

He is also sleeping alot and not taking all his feeds, but i thought that was due to the hot weather or because he is so constipated. He is also being sick but thats not really anything new, although he does seem to be doing it abit more.

We are looking after my friends dog, so i wouldnt if maybe he has an allergy. I'll have to take him to see the GP in the morn i think, cause i'm just not sure. x

Better gettin it checked out could be nothing but for peace of mind I'd get it checked. My wee one has baby eczema covering her neck, chin and down her chest and back, HV advised us to put Aveeno cream on it and if that didnt work she would prescribe a steroid cream.... but within 2 weeks the rash had gone :happydance:now after her bath every night i still use it on her face, chest and neck area to keep it clear.

I thought it was just a heat rash but showed HV and she told us it was baby eczema :dohh:

Have you done the glass test hun?

With all yoru recent worries and concerns over his patterns I think I would definately go & check it out. Moo had a rash but nothing else was causing alarm had she not been cheerful I'd have been down hossie I think.

x

:( aww hope the dr can shed some light on it, hope hes better soon :hugs:

Going docs at 11. He's usually asleep by 8 at the latest but last night he was awake til 10pm doing this awful high pitched screaming, really shook me up, i rang NHS direct they said if the screaming hadnt stopped by midnight to take him A&E but thankfully it only lasted a little while.

He slept from 10 until 6:30 this morning, not like him to sleep through, i had to keep checking him! He's asleep again now at 0845. He's still being sick but has started to take abit more feed. I'll keep u posted. x

hope everything goes ok at docs its horrible wen they r ill :( x

let us know what doc says sweetsami :hugs: for you and kisses for :baby:

i cant believe nhs nvr got him checked over! wen callum had a rash and a temp they sent a blue flashing lights ambulance!!!

i hope hes ok!

x

Well the way he was screaming, i would have thought theyd have told us to do something but they said if it was anything too serious he would have a high temperature and he hasnt so.. I dunno, its one things after another with my lad. :( He's still sleeping..

I did the glass test last night and although it faded, it was still there, i think, actually really hard to tell! x

Hope the appointment goes well today, it sounds abit like a viral rash and I hope its nothing serious.

if it has no temperature, it pretty much sounds like eczema, hun!

Juleika also gets dots and they are raised! (this is why I always thought it's heat rash, but the dermatologist in hospital confirmed that eczema can look like this!)

as well the dog or/and the hot wheater can provoke eczema!

if Juleika gets to hot, it just pops out!

good luck, hun :hugs:

Hi everyone, just got back from the doctors, he said the rash on his arms and bum cheeks is excema like i thought, everything else he said is either teething or maybe a viral infection..i feel abit silly now lol. But at least i know my lil mans ok and puts my mind at ease! And i had no idea they could get a rash during teething! x

glad hes ok :D

and your not silly if you aint happy you get stressed and baby feels it too, so your quite right going to doc to put your mind at rest :D

what you using on the eczema?? like i said earlier Aveeno cream has worked wonders for my little girl

Don't worry hun, you can never be too careful with LOs.
Thank god it's nothing serious :hugs:

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn264/anma3078/n596133124_411502_7647.jpg

Does it look anything like this ??

yeah it started off just like that but then got much redder, drier and raised. If u look dead close its almost sort of scaly sometimes. It started on his arms, then spread to his cheeks, chin and chest.Now on his bum cheeks and now the odd patch on his back! x

does the diprobase help?

we got cetraben and oilatum junior (fragrance free) and it really helps well :hi:

We've only been using it a couple of days but his skin does feel alot smoother already although he's still very red, but i'll give it a few more days and see how it goes. How is cetreben working for Julieka? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->