Raspberry leaf tea

jellybeanxx

TTC #4 since 12/2020
Reaction score
I feel like this probably gets asked fairly regularly but I’m asking anyway :haha:
For those of you that have used RLT, when did you start and how often did you have it?
I used it in my first pregnancy but don’t remember how much I had. I know I didn’t like the taste of the tea so switched to tablets.
I’ve bought some tea this time but it’s flavoured with mint so quite nice! It says it can be used from 32 weeks but I’ve tried a bit just to make sure I like it and I’m very close to 32 weeks anyway! I was going to start with a cup a day but should I increase that at some point?

It doesn't work.
I tried it with my eldest son from 36 weeks and i ended up going 2 weeks over due 42 weeks.
I tried everything to get labour going with him and nothing worked. He was nearly 9lbs and obviously to comfy.
Lol

Not to long for u now hon. The last 10 weeks absolutely fly.

I used the RLT for my first baby - I don’t think it’s meant to induce labour but it’s for strengthening your uterus so your labour is faster/more effective. For me, I dunno if it was the tea or my own body but my labour was 2 hours and that was horrendous :rofl: Dilating from a 4 to a 10 in 15 minutes is AWFUL

That being said, I think I did a cup a day until 36 or 37 weeks and then I did 2 a day, one in the morning and one at night!

I used the RLT for my first baby - I don’t think it’s meant to induce labour but it’s for strengthening your uterus so your labour is faster/more effective. For me, I dunno if it was the tea or my own body but my labour was 2 hours and that was horrendous :rofl: Dilating from a 4 to a 10 in 15 minutes is AWFUL

That being said, I think I did a cup a day until 36 or 37 weeks and then I did 2 a day, one in the morning and one at night!

Funny u shud say that because even tho I was induced because 2 weeks over due, my labour was only 2 and a half hours.
Wonder if it was the tea lol.
I was drinking 3 cups a day and then I went on to raspberry leaf captules.
I didnt have time for a epidural because my labor was so fast.

Don't do it jellybean lol.

I always say it was the tea that did it - I’d never do it again because although you’d think a quick labour is good, too quick is definitely NOT a good experience, lol

I swear by it for helping with the contractions and pushing stage.
I started at 32 weeks with one cup, upped it to 2 at 35 and at the minute I am having 2 most days, some days I have 3 if i get a bit carried away. Will routinely drink 3 from 37 weeks as I did with my others xx

I always say it was the tea that did it - I’d never do it again because although you’d think a quick labour is good, too quick is definitely NOT a good experience, lol

Nope definitely not fun at all. Very very painful.
I will never do it again that's for sure lol

I should’ve been clearer, definitely not drinking it to induce labour! Hoping it’ll help with pushing stage. My last labour was fairly quick and I coped well but the pushing stage was still 30 mins which felt like an eternity at the time!

Thanks Jess! I’ll do a cup a day and then increase to a couple of cups at 35 weeks then.

I took the max strength capsules with my 3rd, I don't think jts helped me, labour took 16 hours and I was pushing for 3 hours, I don't think it helped my uterus one bit haha

With my second pregnancy i drank a ton and had a very easy labor. It has never helped send me into labor but definitly helped my uterus work better during labor. I am currently 19 weeks, and drink 1 cup a day and will do so until around 36 weeks.

My first I didn’t drink it. Awful labour 3 days, pushed for 3 hours, ended up in theatre but forcep delivery.

My second and third started drinking it from 29 weeks, 1 day and upped it each week, by 32 I was drinking 4 a day and think the max I could stomach from 33 was 5 a day . I had really really strong Braxton Hicks from 30 weeks which I think shows your uterus is exercising and preparing itself.

Both were quick births and pushed max 3 times.
I’m now pregnant with my 4th and doing the same thing... the jury is definitely out!!!! Haha. I thought if it worked, then it’s worth another go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->