Raspberry Leaf Tea

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
I've just read that Raspberry Leaf Tea doesn't stimulate you into labour... It tones up your uterine muscles so that labour is less painful and you're generally in better shape 'down there'.. However surely to tone up your muscles they need to contract and therefore can stimulate labour.. Meh, who knows, the woman seemed to know what she was talking about and said it doesn't DIRECTLY stimulate you into labour... Babbling!

Anyway, it's meant to be good to drink it before you/when you are TTCing! As it tones you up and so I'm adding it to my list of 'preperations before we TTC' :) Want to be in good shape in all ways. :) It says when you're TTC, drink 2 cups a day (which may be yuck, I haven't tried it yet...) and stop until 34/35 weeks and start up again.. :)

Now, I have a question. I've got some Raspberry leaf tea in the hope that it will regulate my cycles, are you only meant to drink it when your period is late and has anybody had results with this? I'm now on day 34/35 of a 28-32 day period... It's all over the place. I've taken a preg test a couple of days ago which was neg (IC).. so I reckon my cycle's just messing me about again.

Blah, any info much appreciated. But toning up of the vaginal/uterine muscles sounds pretty good to me generally... Just hoping that it will bring my period on right now aswell!!!!!!!

xx

Ohh i love the stuff.
I was drinking the tea at end of my pregnancy it certainly didnt bring on me labour, like you stated it isnt meant to. Many times when i was having prastice contractions the false alarms i had a couple of this tea 7/10 times it made my pains stopped. Haha.
When i was in labour, i do think it helped my pushing stage took me 10mins :D

As for your questions havent a clue sorry. I think its really nice stuff.

pushing stage for me was 3 mins! and i was drinking it lots the day b4 my waters broke! think it was co-insidence tho! hehheeee i'm gonna start drinking it again tho for when we ttc it is yummy! ***licks lips*** (just to add.. had forceps delivery!) lol

Im going to drink it when we ttc, but then i think you have to be careful to stop as soon as you get you bfp. Haven't tried it yet myself, but give it a go :)

it doesn't start labour, it helps to soften the cervix so it doesn't take as long t dilate, my friend swore by raspberry leaf on all 4 pregnancies (her last labour was less than half hour!!!), I did take it for my first pregnancy but ended up having a planned c section because both babies were breech! It was a bit bitter so I put a teaspoon of sugar in and it was quite nice!!!

Yes, I've heard not to drink it in the first few months, but a couple of weeks before the DD.

Thankies! I did try it last night and it's not too bad...just tastes like mild normal tea with a slight raspberry flavour (mine has 'natural raspberry flavour' added to it)..

Still no period though! :hissy:

This is defo gonna become a part of my TTC/pregnancy plan :) I'd quite like to have a fairly quick labour! My mum was in labour for like 36 hours or something...a long time. :shock:

xxx

I used to drink it when I was ttc, it is yummy! I have stopped now of course but will def do it a few weeks before dd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->