Re-do a liver function test.. should I be worried?

K

Kalah

Well a week ago I had some blood tests done, my gp said it was to check my thyroid function. I called today to get the results and the woman on the phone said exactly this "Your results are fine, but he did say he wants to re-do the liver function test". So I'm not sure what to think. If the results are fine why re-do it? Or when she said it was fine was she only referring to the thyroid test? Were the original liver test results bad and he wants to re-do it to double check before he tells me? Or did the vial of blood fall on the floor and break before they could test it?

I'm thinking of calling back to ask about why they need to do it again, but I doubt the receptionist/nurse/whoever she is would know. I'm guessing it's my actual doctor that gets the results and he just writes a note for the person who answers the phones to let me know what they are.

you could call back they will go and find out for you iot could be something simple as there wasnt enough blood in the tube or the blood clotted and they couldnt test it try not to panic x

I have them every month and sometime twice a month to check the Liver function, sometime they do repeat if there was a problem with the blood sample(not mixed properly) and so. I suggest not to worry but if you still worried call them it's their job to give you a satisfying answer:hugs::hugs::hugs:
But i would say there's surely nothing to be worried about cuz if there was she would have never said NORMAL. You see what i mean, they wouldn't use word NORMAL if they suspect something wrong...would they??:winkwink: take it easy hun everything will be fine:coffee::hugs::hugs:

I have them every month and sometime twice a month to check the Liver function, sometime they do repeat if there was a problem with the blood sample(not mixed properly) and so. I suggest not to worry but if you still worried call them it's their job to give you a satisfying answer:hugs::hugs::hugs:
But i would say there's surely nothing to be worried about cuz if there was she would have never said NORMAL. You see what i mean, they wouldn't use word NORMAL if they suspect something wrong...would they??:winkwink: take it easy hun everything will be fine:coffee::hugs::hugs:

Yeah that's what I was thinking, or more like hoping for, I was thinking the worst! She didn't actually say normal though she just said it was fine then quickly added that I need to re-do the liver function test. I probably should have called back to clarify but I'll just try not to worry I think!

I'm thinking of calling back to ask about why they need to do it again,

When you call back ask for a printed copy of your blood results, and ask them to include the lab ranges. You are well within your rights to ask for them, although some UK surgeries may make a small charge to cover printing costs.

When my thyroid was most out of whack, all sorts of other things went out of whack too...often my liver function. My GP would say that she would ignore the other things until either, 3 consecutive tests said the same thing, or the liver etc were still out of whack when my thyroid was behaving itself.

But it might be something as simple as the sample got haemolysed before they had chance to test it, and so they couldn't do your LFTs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->