Re-establishing BF after 10 weeks!? HELP!!

munchy

Mama bear to Dexter Axl
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no... However I would really like to try and re establish breast feeding with my 13 week old.
I breast fed for 3 weeks despite very little support from the hospital and health visiting team etc and at the time it was just too much. I was really anaemic, my blood pressure was still really high from preeclampsia and my little boy was really really hungry, my boobs were bloody and scabby and incredibly painful so in the end I just gave up. My little boy is now on soya milk because he couldn't tolerate regular formula but we don't yet know exactly where his allergy lie and I really want to be able to breastfeed again, it's been 10 weeks and I'm 99% dried up. If I really really try I can express the tiniest drops but that's it. :shrug:
Is it possible? If so, how? Has anyone done it?
Thanks ladies :flower:

Stalking this thread as I'm currently trying to do the same. Baby had tongue tie and couldn't latch properly and was just hungry constantly so has been bottle fed since I know it's not been for as long as you but I'm still finding it hard. I still try him to the breast for comfort so he knows how to latch but I can't get milk production up so can't wait to hear responses.

I'm currently taking fenugreek tablets as they're supposed to help but unsure apart from pumping lots what could help

Xxx

https://kellymom.com/ages/adopt-relactate/relactation-resources/
https://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/relactation/
No experience but it is definitely possible

If you are in the US, try taking "more milk plus" you can get it on amazon. Drink tons of water, pump and nurse all the time. You may not be able to feed 100% but could prob get some. It is possible!

The answer is Yes! It is definitely possible (thank you Luna, been reading those links). Did you know even adoptive mothers can force lactation? I wish I had known about relactation with my son, I would have tried bfing again after quitting for a time. One ladies tip was to absolutely get rid of every single bottle in the house, every nipple etc. so you won't be tempted to go back to the bottle because it may be easier. Interesting articles, thanks again Luna. Good luck munchy.

Absolutely possible, even a woman who has never had a baby can lactate it just takes a lot of work (not as much for you this said woman is an extreme example!) hormones kick start BF so it is about creating these hormones, I don't know the ins and outs I imagine the links posted above give a lot of helpful advice but the one thing I want to say is do not underestimate the power of skin to skin, this is such a powerful tool (for many things!) but especially lactating, so get back to basics. I wish you all the best!

Google Medela Sns (supplementary nursing system) as well as pumping that should help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->