Reaction to Babies and Preggo Ladies

NatashaZ

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Hope you ladies are all doing well today.

I had a business meeting this morning and one of the people attending was a young woman about 7 months pregnant. It took me a moment to notice the bump, and when I did, I was surprised by how I felt. I wasn't angry... I was actually very happy. I felt a lot of joy for her and what she is experiencing.

When I got home, I checked my facebook and one of my old pals posted pics of an ultrasound with -surprise!- a wee little baby front and center. This touched me a little more because the last thing I remember about my little tadpole was the last ultrasound at 9 weeks (I will never forget that image). So while I was happy to see that he and his GF are expecting, I felt a bit of sadness.

How do you handle feelings of sadness/jealousy when you see things like that? I feel as though I am fine-tuned now to all things baby. Seems like everyone around me is either pregnant, trying, or busy with a bunch of kids already that I never noticed before!

I know exactly how. You feel when i lost ihad a close friend who was heavily pregnant and at present have a work collegue who is heavily pregnant and around ten of my facebook friends pregnant. at one point I blocked their status. It does get better I now only have bump envy my heart litrally aches when I see a pregnant woman. As for my work collegue after finding she too had suffered a loss similar to mine I see her bump in a different light and no longer am jealous. Strange. X

Oh hun- I definitely relate. I swear- there is a pregnant woman AT EVERY SINGLE CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: It really pains my heart so deeply to see it. It's weird- I am happy for them- but MORE sad for me. :cry: I don't know how to make this better or to go away... I try to look away honestly because it hurts too much to see.

Hello everyone. Hope you ladies are all doing well today.

I had a business meeting this morning and one of the people attending was a young woman about 7 months pregnant. It took me a moment to notice the bump, and when I did, I was surprised by how I felt. I wasn't angry... I was actually very happy. I felt a lot of joy for her and what she is experiencing.

When I got home, I checked my facebook and one of my old pals posted pics of an ultrasound with -surprise!- a wee little baby front and center. This touched me a little more because the last thing I remember about my little tadpole was the last ultrasound at 9 weeks (I will never forget that image). So while I was happy to see that he and his GF are expecting, I felt a bit of sadness.

How do you handle feelings of sadness/jealousy when you see things like that? I feel as though I am fine-tuned now to all things baby. Seems like everyone around me is either pregnant, trying, or busy with a bunch of kids already that I never noticed before!

I can 100% understand,but I promise I've never felt jealous,though it might upset me for a while.If I ever feel sad,I just try to tell myself that I'll be blessed like her again in future and I would just pray for the little bean.I've a friend who was upset with my BFP in Dec,I could plainly read it from her face.But the moment I had a chemical,she was back to me with all her so called "prayers for my BFP"!!:ignore:

When I was pregnant I never knew it could make many envious or jinx.I wouldn't want that to happen for my future pregnancy too.Every child is a miracle....a bubbly mass of cells that flattens and folds in the mid-line...2 tubes that fold on themselves to form the heart...its all amazing!
Touch yourself,see your 10 fingers,10 toes,nostrils that lead to the lungs,the 7.5 cm sized uterus which expands to sustain a baby weighing 7-9 pounds...!!I just can't believe it would have been possible but for Him.:cloud9:

He says "mourn with people who mourn and rejoice with people who rejoice"...:flower:

Ha!! Ive have gone through every emotion!!

The day i miscarried my best friend was induced!! I really felt so sad and jealous, then felt guilty for feeling that way!! Ive also attended my cousins baby shower which was lovely but didnt really know how to answer the questions '..so does it make you want your own??' ha!! I just wanted to scream YES YES YES!!!

Luckily one of my other friends had a MC 10months ago so she had alot of useful things to say! She has since found out she was pregnant and i felt so much happiness for her because shes been through the same thing. Although when she was telling me about her scan i couldnt help sobbing!!

I think were all gonna be quite sensitized to everything 'baby' at the moment!

x x

It's tough for sure..

At two different times I found out through facebook that two distant friends were pregnant - I actually swore out loud each time. Then felt sad and jealous and didn't feel happy for them at the time.

But after a day or so I thought about it more and realized I shouldn't be jealous of them (they had nothing to do with my situation) so then I was happy for them, and I think that was important for me, because the more you encourage yourself to feel positive happy thoughts the easier the healing over your loss will be, and the more positive you will feel for your future of TTC again..

Most of the time when I see a bump, it just kinda annoys me and I look away. I just feel frustrated. But yesterday a friend of mine announced she is pregnant with baby #3 due in September, when I would have been due. This just killed me to be honest. Why is it just so easy for her? Why is making baby #2 so hard? It makes me feel broken to be honest. I conceived my son so easily, and I think that just makes this so much harder. I want to be happy for her, but right now I am not, it makes me feel small and petty and jealous and sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->