Read and Run!

I think if we can all message the admin and say our concerns that might help?
Already have done!

Wobbles said that she'd look into it, though she pointed out that some of the "read & runs" could well be the original poster coming back every few hours/days to see whether anybody has responded.

That may be the case which can account for maybe 10-20 views but just taking a random thread about Autism obsession which has had 2,600 views and 30 replys. I very much doubt the OP has been back to the thread 2,600 times!! The views and replys just do not add up.

I posted a thread about Poems for disabled mums and no it is not a personal thread to me but it has had over 1,000 views, and I don't think there are 1,000 mums to special needs kids that use this part of the forum.

:shock: I never really saw it in that way before. I always assume that non-members come in, look and leave. Lots of things I google take me to BnB threads so I didn't really think about it. I definitely don't like the idea of people coming in to compare/lessen their own worries about their kids by reading the posts here. :nope: Then again, I did lots of R&R when we were first getting assessed and I didn't know where to post or where I fit in. I still don't to a certain extent - I feel suspended between toddlers and here.

Thank you for posting this thread though - it has made me think and instead of R&R when I am out of my element, I am trying to offer support and at the very least hugs to the poster so they know people care and are listening. Thank you for that. x

I know how you feel Sun. I feel the same, not sure if I fit in the toddler section or this section as I don't have any diagnosis yet. You are probably right though, some read and runs are likely people with concerns that are looking for more information and others who are just looking for an "interesting" read.

I messaged admin & got the same reply as marleysgirl.

I'm probably alone in this but I actually feel I have no where on the forum to post now. I dont start threads in here because it's too visible to others. I dont feel Tegan is a toddler..
I dunno. I guess I just don't fit in lol

I messaged admin & got the same reply as marleysgirl.

I'm probably alone in this but I actually feel I have no where on the forum to post now. I dont start threads in here because it's too visible to others. I dont feel Tegan is a toddler..
I dunno. I guess I just don't fit in lol

I feel the same. I have a concern I want to post but am afraid to do so.

I post all over the place! I stick stuff in the Prem forum if I think Mums of other premmies might be able to help; I'll post in here if it's specific about my son's needs and figure I might get an experienced or informative response; I'll post in the toddler forum to get a comparison against other children of the same age, to work out how he differs; and I'll even hide stuff in BnB Extra if I don't want everyone to see me breaking down :rofl:

Tegan's Mama - you might not, but I definitely think of Tegan as a toddler now even if she's not that mobile!! Same goes for Lottie's boy Findlay :)

LoveleeB - please don't feel afraid to post. :hugs:

I never read and run in here. Even if I don't know what to say, I at least leave a hug. Makes me feel like I can comfort somebody during a hard time. My mom works with children with special needs. Anywhere from handicapped, down syndrome, and autistic kids. It is such a challenge for her working with them, but I can't imagine the hurdles one must cross when raising a child with special needs. You all are amazing :flower:

It's a shame people read & run ... if only they knew :nope:

hey ladies hugs to you all. Just wanted to point out that i posted early on in this thread and i get a notification to say there has been a new post so quite a lot of the views could be possibly down to that. x X x

I know how you feel Sun. I feel the same, not sure if I fit in the toddler section or this section as I don't have any diagnosis yet. You are probably right though, some read and runs are likely people with concerns that are looking for more information and others who are just looking for an "interesting" read.

course you fit in here xxx

I am guilty of this and I apologise.

I have concerns regarding my son (autism) but because we are still waiting on our appointment with the paediatric development team I don't really feel like I can post here.

I'm sorry x

I posted here before diagnosis, please dont feel like you can not post without diagnosis xxx

I'm posting without a diagnosis - it's a way of keeping me sane while I'm waiting for scan results. Well we sort of have a diagnosis now of epilepsy but am still waiting on MRI results. So of course you can post. This forum is amazing for support I have found. xx

I agree that is why we are here because we need advise or like somone else said just a hug would be nice :hugs:

I have been guilty of reading and running but only because I am trying to find out as much information as I can about different types of learning difficulties etc. It's all new to me so just a learner, lol. And i don't have enough experience to respond, sorry :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->