Read and Run!

I wish the view count would be removed everywhere tbh, no matter what forum section you are on someone always complains about R&R. Im not in here a lot, but i feel in the preemie section(where i am most of the time) people come and gawp at what their babies 'look' like now. And i hate that.

I wish the view count would be removed everywhere tbh, no matter what forum section you are on someone always complains about R&R. Im not in here a lot, but i feel in the preemie section(where i am most of the time) people come and gawp at what their babies 'look' like now. And i hate that.
Do they? I never noticed!

Yeah, when I was pregnant there was always random folk checking out the VIP thread and weirdly enough, the preg after prem thread. It began to worry some of us.

Do you know what I have just looked at the numbers on the threads and I am actually shocked at how many views loads of the threads have had and very very few actual replys. It does look like some people do come in here to have a nosey and see how bad some of our lives our which is really sad. Tbh I come in here probably once a month and see if anybody had any questions/worrys about Cerebral Palsy and I have had a few people come to me about MCADD but just to read out of pure entertainment makes me mad :growlmad:.

Do you know what I have just looked at the numbers on the threads and I am actually shocked at how many views loads of the threads have had and very very few actual replys. It does look like some people do come in here to have a nosey and see how bad some of our lives our which is really sad. Tbh I come in here probably once a month and see if anybody had any questions/worrys about Cerebral Palsy and I have had a few people come to me about MCADD but just to read out of pure entertainment makes me mad :growlmad:.

They do. It makes me sad and angry because the people in this part of the forum are so in need of support, but no one wants to post anything personal because so many people just come in and read stuff and move along. :shrug:

I'm glad it's not just me that feels like this. How do we PM admin?

Wobbles is the Admin. If you go back to the Special Needs support page (where the threads are listed), she is named at the top. Click on her name, it will open her profile. Partway down that page is a little dropdown option of "Send Message" and you can select to send a PM (private message).

I've just done this, pointed her to this thread, and explained that I'd like to see the Views count switched off. I don't think I want the Special Needs area locked out though, as personally I think that would (a) dissuade new parents, (b) cause increased administration through the approvals process, and (c) contribute to the misapprehension that Special Needs is something odd, rather than normal.

Aww Rebecca dont know your background but hope ur ok. Please feel free to pm me if you like even if im just another pair of ears and a little comment back. Keep smiling hun x x

Hi all! I see what you mean about read and runs - so many views and not so many replies. I agree that this section should be private as often people are posting very intimate personal feelings and experiences and don't want people coming to nosy and clear off thinking "glad that's not my life!" with no intention of being any help of any sort! Sorry if it sounds like I'm ranting it just makes me angry:shrug:

Sometimes I get the feeling that some women are in this forum just passing the time while they are pregnant or their babies are napping! I know I shouldn't pass judgment but life is hard enough without being someone's "reality" show. I just wonder how they would feel if the tables were turned...

Sometimes I get the feeling that some women are in this forum just passing the time while they are pregnant or their babies are napping! I know I shouldn't pass judgment but life is hard enough without being someone's "reality" show. I just wonder how they would feel if the tables were turned...

Couldn't agree more!

I rarely write in this section, simply because the few times I have. I've had very little interest in what I have to say so I just don't.

It's the other sections tbh that upset me quite alot. Like you read threads from people hoping to god they wont have a baby like yours. and the support reading something like 'I'm sure your baby will be normal' or 'my friends friend had this happen and the baby turned out normal' Wtf is so great about 'normal' anyway? wtf does that even mean.. I guess it's the nature of the beast but it riles me up. I feel like I have to defend my son at every turn.

I do think it would be great if this section was private though.

I rarely write in this section, simply because the few times I have. I've had very little interest in what I have to say so I just don't.

It's the other sections tbh that upset me quite alot. Like you read threads from people hoping to god they wont have a baby like yours. and the support reading something like 'I'm sure your baby will be normal' or 'my friends friend had this happen and the baby turned out normal' Wtf is so great about 'normal' anyway? wtf does that even mean.. I guess it's the nature of the beast but it riles me up. I feel like I have to defend my son at every turn.

I agree with every single word you have said!:thumbup:

OMG...ME TOO!!! I am ALWAYS defending my child and others who have a special need...just trying to make people aware...which just pisses people off. Why is it so hard to just consider the fact that the mom at the grocery store with the 'naughty' child might have a hidden dissability? Geez!! Sometimes I think I am too sensitive to go in other forums.

That all being said...I never noticed the view counts before, but now I am kind of upset about it. :( I don't want my daughter's struggles (and mine) to be someone else's entertainment or worse, their way of making their own lives seem better. Makes me want to cry.

OMG...ME TOO!!! I am ALWAYS defending my child and others who have a special need...just trying to make people aware...which just pisses people off. Why is it so hard to just consider the fact that the mom at the grocery store with the 'naughty' child might have a hidden dissability? Geez!! Sometimes I think I am too sensitive to go in other forums.

That all being said...I never noticed the view counts before, but now I am kind of upset about it. :( I don't want my daughter's struggles (and mine) to be someone else's entertainment or worse, their way of making their own lives seem better. Makes me want to cry.

You sound like me! :thumbup:

I think if we can all message the admin and say our concerns that might help?

Already have done!

Wobbles said that she'd look into it, though she pointed out that some of the "read & runs" could well be the original poster coming back every few hours/days to see whether anybody has responded.

Already have done!

Wobbles said that she'd look into it, though she pointed out that some of the "read & runs" could well be the original poster coming back every few hours/days to see whether anybody has responded.

That may be the case which can account for maybe 10-20 views but just taking a random thread about Autism obsession which has had 2,600 views and 30 replys. I very much doubt the OP has been back to the thread 2,600 times!! The views and replys just do not add up.

I posted a thread about Poems for disabled mums and no it is not a personal thread to me but it has had over 1,000 views, and I don't think there are 1,000 mums to special needs kids that use this part of the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->