Reading record!

R_x

Reaction score
Needing some ideas of the sort of things to write in the reading record. Don't want to right the same over and over :dohh:

Write if was able to answer questions on what read, any sounds stuck on, whether enjoyed, write about discussions that's the sort of thing I wrote when was teacher

I tend to write as standard how well he did (did he find it easy, challenging, hard etc), whether he understood it, whether he enjoyed it, and what we learned from it. We have a section to write tricky words/sounds in separate which is handy.

I also write if the younger ones enjoyed the shared reading books which his teacher loves! lol :haha:

I write the new words he learned :haha:

I always write about how well she did with the book and sounding out her words, what words she recognised straight away/did well with, any she struggled on, what we discussed during/after/before reading the book.

Unfortunately it does end up sounding a bit samey especially when you've been writing in one for 3 school years!

We write things like if she liked the book, if she pointed anything out in the pictures, if she used the pictures as clues, what words she actually read (probably not applicable for most of you but Esther can only recognise about 10 letters so any words she actually reads is a major thing), if she could re tell the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->