Ready made SMA - the best laxative ever!!

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
Just wanted to ask if anyone else finds this?!

We had to go out to an appointment and me being lazy, I just grabbed a sterilised bottle and a carton of formula.

Hubby fed Earl while we were at our appointment and he took about 5oz. I just went up to get him ready for bed - I knew he had a messy nappy as he always does at this time and he'd been making the right noises for about 10 minutes lol. I lifted him up and Oh MY GOD......Poo everywhere!

I guess we know what to do next time he gets blocked up! :dohh:

Does it have the same effect on anyone else's LO?

I was bf but when i had to switch to ff i started on the ready made sma cartons to see if jax took to it 1st before spurgling on a big tin & i cant say his poos were explosive or any diff lol Well yes ok thicker than bf nappies but thats about it , sorry hun lol x

Yes, we found this - though at both ends :lol: When I stopped BF'ing we tried cartons of SMA first (as I was an SMA baby!). The first bottle gave her explosive poo, the second and 3rd made her horrendously sick as well as the poo! Haven't tried SMA again after that :blush:

Yep the ready made are always good for helping loosen things up i think... We went away for the day the other week so took some cartons... My god Sienna's bottom wind was mental and what followed was :sick: I have heard its because its more "pure" in carton form! But who knows?!

Have always used ready made formula ( not SMA though) and Ruby has always been very regular...so maybe there's something in it!

Esmé had 3 cartons of ready made Aptamil on Sunday on the boat over here and it had the same effect on her.

Her trumps were very noisy too!

My HV told us to use the ready made cartons if we were having problems with constipation. Its because they have higher levels of sugars in them to preserve them and this makes them poo.

My HV told us to use the ready made cartons if we were having problems with constipation. Its because they have higher levels of sugars in them to preserve them and this makes them poo.

A ha! So I'm not imagining it! lol Thanks xx :thumbup:

Alfie was like that after he had the ready made sma. He was sick a lot after it aswell x

That's good to know LK, thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->