Ready to share my story - 5 weeks later

I'm so very sorry about Zane.:hugs: It gives me hope and strength to know that you and your OH are trying again. One minute I want to try again and the next I don't. It's such a bizarre state to be in. With having our boys we know how much we have to gain, but also what we lost. I know that if we hadn't of lost our triplets at 16 weeks 4.5 years ago we never would've had DS1, so it wasn't in vain and I would've have gone through it a million times to have our amazing little boy. The same happened with DS2, after I m/c at 6wks. It doesn't make you forget, but for me I feel like it made sure our experience and grief wasn't in vain. It made me feel like we hadn't gone through the loss to end up with nothing. It also dulled the pain to be able to be looking forward to a new life, and made bringing our beautiful boys home oh so much sweeter. I don't know if any of that makes any sense. DH and I just talked about it and he's 100% supportive of trying again right away, as it's painful for him too and he desperately wants another baby. I'm just so terrified. I'm terrified I'll loose the pregnancy at 36+ weeks, or something will happen to the baby after it's born and we haven't even started trying yet. DH said I'm way over thinking it and I need to enjoy every moment because we never know how many moments we'll get, and I know he's right, but it's hard to not worry. I called my OB this after noon and asked her to take my IUD out tomorrow morning, so we can go ahead and start "not, not trying" for awhile. I took our son to COSI (children's museum) today and looking around almost every mom had their face buried in their cell phone. It made me sad and angry all at the same time, and I'll admit I had been guilty of that too, but those moments with your kids may be the only one's you get. DH and I have learned that first hand. I just wanted to plead with them, please please enjoy these moments. Soak them up because life is so very fragile. One moment you and your child could be here and healthy and the next, gone. For that I'll be forever thankful to Grace and Paige. They've taught me to live in the moment and not take things for granted in a way I never would have had we not had and then lost them. I don't want to be anxious and worried, but just soak it up knowing that we really have no control over many things in life. I feel like I can't give my boys enough hugs and kisses and can't tell them I love them enough. I'll always love our baby girls and be forever thankful for them. We've had moments of numbness, anger, anxiety, and unconsolable sadness. Our baby girls broke our hearts when grew their wings and left this earth, but they made DH and I better parents, better spouses and better people.

:hugs:To every parent who's lost a baby, no matter how small, I wish you healing, strength, love, and rainbow babies.:hugs:

It is just a really confusing time, DH and I had a sit down a couple of minutes ago and decided that we (me) just weren't ready even though like your DH mine is all about trying again "whenever I'm ready" but October 30th made exactly 3 years since the very first miscarriage and in those 3 years I have been pregnant 8 (8) times and that includes a full-term pregnancy and 5month PP with my DD. I think that at this time I've just had enough of being pregnant but I go back and forth from wanting to not-wanting and it changes from minute to minute. I am so sorry that you've had so many losses as well, it does make the children we have that much more special but yeah, we do often get so caught up that we take it for granted even after all that we've been through, which is yet another reason we are going to wait another couple of months, I've gotten so caught up in the ttc and m/c process that it's taking it's toll on me and I feel that I'm only half a mom to my DD. Plus I think I want to get through the holidays "happy" instead of worrying about another m/c. We are also thinking about adoption...but not sure on that yet, I've been looking into it since before having DD but have only just recently been more seriously considering it. Good luck with whatever you and dh decide, hope that you are at peace with whatever decision you make. We are so lucky to have gotten to experience all that we have, losses included because it has made us the strong ppl that we are today. Good luck in your future journey of NTNP, hope you get that sticky, forever baby!

Hi, ive very sorry for what you have gone through. I lost my baby last year just before christmas. My waters had broke and i gave birth within a few days after i took the tablets. My son was born at 9.30am with the cord wrapped around his neck 3 times. They informed me this was not the cause of me loosing him ( Samuel). We had a pm done to check what went wrong and to help me have an answer for our loss. After waiting for 3 months they informed me that the cord had caused it. Samuel had been that active and he had tangled himself up. This in turn slowed down the blood flow to/from the placenta and this had created small blood clots which could only been seen in a lab. So they checked to see if my blood clotted easily, which came back ok. The blood clots were caused by the lack of blood flow due to the tangle. My waters then broke as my body knew that the pregnancy was in trouble if you like. Samuel did live inside of me for 2 days after my waters broke, i was 18 weeks. I also had trouble in delivering my placenta i was so stressed out i didnt want an operation. So they give me a manual placenta removal, which was the worse pain ive ever had. However it was over in seconds.
It took me along time to come with to terms with the fact that i had not done anything to cause this. I felt like trying to get pregnant again straight away, however couple of weeks later i saw things in a different light and i know iam such a bad worrier and i need to get better before i try again. Time is running out for me as my age and my weight is my main concern at the moment.

Life at times can be so unfair at times, but time is the only thing that heals.

Please take care

Majored - thank you for sharing your story, it is very similiar to mine, they tried several times over a 12 hour period to manually remove my placenta and yeah, it hurts pretty bad especially becuase mine was stuck and my body was not ready to say goodbye. I am so sorry for what you've been through and yeah, I am going to give myself time, I've been pregnant so much these past 3 years that I just feel like I deserve some time to live and not focus/worry about getting/being pregnant. Take care of yourself and I hope that as you approch Samuel's first birthday you are easy on yourself. Good luck in your journey and hope you get a sticky baby soon. :hugs:

oh sweetie, I am so sorry, Your story sounded so familiar to me. I knew our baby was sick when we had the 12 weeks scan but it was just before the amnio at 16 weeks that we had a scan and our wee girl was gone. I also have her ashes in a heart shaped locket, I also had to buy a better chain as the one was far too flimsy that came with it and I couldnt bare the thought of losing it. My wee daughter wears her sister around her neck sometimes, She loves her sister, she is 4 years old and has been amazing support to me. WE lost our wee girl on the 1st september this year and it still feels lie someone elses bad dream. I am sending you my love xxx

Thanks Maxalias, sounds like you lost your baby girl just 9 days before I lost my son. How are you getting on? I still cry and fall apart most days so we've decided not to ttc again and are instead looking into other alternatives. My DH got me a chain for Christmas but it didn't fit so I still have to get one but DH really wants to pick out the chain so I have to wait on him to find the "perfect" one. Sending my love back to you xxx

I'm so sorry for ur loss .. My story is pretty close I lost my son at 19 weeks 5 days when we lost his heart beat . I gave brith to him 12/20/12 and also cremated him and I too have a heart necklace with his ashes inside of it.. It's truly hard to get threw everyday .. They say it gets easier but I don't think It does...

thank you to everyone who has offered me love, kindness and support. As we approach his due date of February 18th, I find myself dreading that date and crying much more.

Maxsmom - So sorry about your son, I wrote to you in your thread and wanted to tell you that I hope you are doing okay...but I know your not "okay", losing a child is NEVER "okay" and will never be okay, so I don't think we'll ever be okay either again. Hope that you are finding some peace and comfort in your time of grief and know that we are ALL here for you if you need to talk :hugs:

Thank you 3xscharmer .. It's hard .. We are trying again . That's all that gets me threw most days is knowing we are trying.. We know this cycle prolly won't work since I haven't gotten my af yet .. But we are hoping for next month

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->