Ready to stop...help please!

Newbieplusone

Reaction score
Hi there,

LO is 6 months old now and EBF, apart from a few bottles when she was a few weeks old. We have tried introducing a bottle from about 3 months with no luck, tried every bottle, teat, temperature and trick - nothing works!! Having given up with that l brought a tomme tippee cup (from 4 mths) she took, 2ozs day one, and one from the next two days.

On Thursday/Friday she starting teething so first tooth appeared on Monday so she hasn't been in the best of moods....Anyway, l have persevered as l feel like we won't get anywhere otherwise although it's probably not the best time when we she is uncomfortable with teeth!!

I have always enjoyed BF until now and when, as selfish as this may be l want me baby back, to be able to have some me time without worrying about her not feeding and, although silly l want to be able to wear what l like now....:shrug:

So my problem is how do l get her to start taking from a cup/bottle or whatever??? Babies are not stupid and know us BF'ing mummies nurse them so she won't take it from me! Did any of you feel like this?

LO is not in any routine apart from bed time - should l start by putting in a routine? Offering at the same or go on strike now?? I have tried everything l can think of :wacko:

The diody cup is a nightmare but should l continue? I have asked my OH for help but with work it's hard during the day and he hates to see her upset so doesn't continue encouraging her - oh and he has two kids already so l hoped he would be guru about this stuff!! lol.

Please advise - l am at a lose!!

R x

Have you thought about just pumping when you want 'your time'? And continue nursing?

Your LO probably won't take a bottle if you're in the house. My suggestion would be to leave her, and go have a night out with your DH. Leave her with a few 5-7 oz bottles (my LO... who wouldn't take a bottle... took the Playtex drop-ins ones with the Latex nipple from a babysitter on 2 seperate occassions). :flower: I know that doesn't answer your question on how to stop breastfeeding... it's the best I've got though, lol.

Thank you Austinsmom! I have considered this and before feeding was established l could pump no problem but since then every time l try it won't work!

LO was with my Mum today this morning (partly to see if she would take a sippy cup from her!) Anyway, we went shopping LO showed signs of hunger is l thought l would try with the cup l have had me....she took it or at least some of it!! lol.

Having considered this l think l will hire a pump, built up and store BM whilst trying to establish more of a routine. Obliviously l will continue with the cup and gradually use my store for a while and when she is more established will start to introduce more formula, slowly. Probably will keep the morning and night feed for a while and then see how we get on...does that sound ok??

Sorry l have no idea what l am doing just know that l am ready to stop now! :)

R xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->