Ready to stop...

TennisGal

Reaction score
Littlest is now well over two - and I'm ready to stop. I've been having some horrible pelvic pains, no period - and kind of want to get some body normality back. She's only feeding before bed - but it's a good feed, as I still get strong letdown and she gulps. However...sometimes she just uses me for comfort!

A really relies on me as part of my bedtime routine - and I don't want to upset her or make her miserable.

How do I do this?!

Sorry no one has been able to offer advice. Have you tried the Kellysmom website. It's usually got great info on various topics.

I hope you're well.xx

Following... We've just decreased to two feeds a day... and I have no idea how to eventually nix the bedtime nursing session, as I know that will be the last to go. My girls use me for comfort, too!

Does she drink cow's milk? Maybe a warm bottle instead of the usual nursing session, but still cuddle her and love on her?

No help I'm afraid but wanted to say hi :flower: and hope you and mini TGs are well x x

My DD is younger than yours but now only has a morning BF. One bedtime we just decided to try her with a cup of cows milk to see how she did and then offer her a BF after. My DH gave her the cup of milk and she drank it all so I never BF her that night and she just went to sleep happy. After that we just stopped. Perhaps you could try something similar and offer cows milk followed by a BF, then gradually increase the cows milk and reduce the BF. You could get her a special big girl cup for milk, maybe she'd be interested in choosing one?

when they are over two they get upset because they are old enough to understand for me the only way to stop was just stop, say there is no more milk now its gone and you are big now and not give in, if you do you will send lots of mixed messages, the first week might be hard but I guarantee you none of my kids remembered it 2 months later. You can try offer a substitute, but it might come down to just sleep training. Sit there next to the bed, offer words of comfort, pacci if she takes it, teddies, a drink in a fun sippy cup anything but dont nurse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->