Real nappies?

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm determined to use real nappies but I am really struggling to decide which ones to get so I was hoping some of you who use them might be able to tell me what kind you've picked and why, any pluses or minuses, etc.

I know about the relative environmental cost in general and we will wash at home so we can wash cooler. Though I did read that with biodegradable liners you can wash the outer at 30, but I'm not sure how the resources used to make the liners balances up against 10 degrees of washing temp.

I really like the look of the shaped ones but if they're not particularly better than terry towels I'd rather spend less money!

Thanks in advance!

hiya peanut bean, have you found out if your local council have any real nappy initiatives?

Some give money towards the cost, some do a loaning service, or subsidised laundering, some like mine provide a starter kit. Unfortunately these are never properly publicised :(

Which council do you come under, I can have a snoop for ya!

hiya peanut bean, have you found out if your local council have any real nappy initiatives?

Some give money towards the cost, some do a loaning service, or subsidised laundering, some like mine provide a starter kit. Unfortunately these are never properly publicised :(

Which council do you come under, I can have a snoop for ya!

There is some sort of scheme or other but when you use their services they go on super 90 degree washes so it's more environmentally sound to wash yourself. Plus we would have to have whatever nappies they use and not choose for ourselves!

Thanks though!

not necessarily I know a lot of councils provide vouchers towards whatever kind of real nappy you wish to use. It might only cover the cost of one or two, but every thing helps!

Hi there, i am hopefully going to do reuseables for my second child.
A well meaning gran bought me terry sqaures and to me honest they were some much of a faf it was unbelieveable you have to fold em, and pin them on a squirming baby! and by the time you have them on they have unfolded.
I did try a couple of shapped ones on ewan and they were so much easier.. i would spent the extra and get shaped ones.
I am looking at tots bots. you coudl always do what we are and suggesting people give money towards nappies or to buy you shaped nappy packs.

i've bought three days worth of 'kushies', at the recommendation of one of my very good friends, who had a whole bunch of reusable nappies to test out and found kushies to be good. expensive, but you get what you pay for? i bid for mine on e bay and got them for less than less price...haven't had chance to use them yet, but hopefully i will like them!!

not necessarily I know a lot of councils provide vouchers towards whatever kind of real nappy you wish to use. It might only cover the cost of one or two, but every thing helps!

Oh, well I'll look into that then! I think our council only does buy their nappies and they wash them schemes but I'll check. Thanks!

I am looking at tots bots. you coudl always do what we are and suggesting people give money towards nappies or to buy you shaped nappy packs.

Lol It's about the only thing we are getting to buy ourselves!

Have a look at the nappylady website. You dont have to buy fromt hem but they tailor make a recommendation for you based on your answers to some questions :)

Have a look at the nappylady website. You dont have to buy fromt hem but they tailor make a recommendation for you based on your answers to some questions :)

Thanks Carries! I've seen this site before but either there wasn't a questionnaire before or I didn't see it! I've filled it in now so hopefully that'll help me with my decision.

:) no worries hun, hope it helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->