Realistic Christmas Trees - Anyone have/had one?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
I have a real Christmas tree every year but I'm thinking about getting a realistic Christmas tree. You can get 'realistic' or 'most realistic'.

Has anyone got one/had one? Would you rate it or ...?

x

I think mine is- it's very bushy and just looks really good! It is a black box one, it wasn't cheap but has lasted about 9 years so far!
I haven't got a pic as it says file is too large!

I just have a normal fake one haha. I like them more because they're less work (needle drop etc) than real. I do miss the smell though!
Oh by the way pp when it says my file is too large (on my phone) I take a screenshot of the picture I want to upload then upload that instead :)

I have just ordered a tree from balsam hill with is supposed to be very realistic for our second tree. It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow so I'll let you know what it's like when I get it. We normally have a real tree so I can't wait to see how it looks.

Mine's a cheap £20 special from amazon. I want a real one but OH says no, so if these aren't too expensive I may look into it.

My sister had a super bushy one from b&q (about £35), it looked real but only lasted 2 years, the branches started falling off last Christmas.

1511177_10153781620157524_8112706049956551190_n.jpg

Mine's a cheap £20 special from amazon. I want a real one but OH says no, so if these aren't too expensive I may look into it.

My sister had a super bushy one from b&q (about £35), it looked real but only lasted 2 years, the branches started falling off last Christmas.

1511177_10153781620157524_8112706049956551190_n.jpg

Cannot tell you how excited your picture made me haha. It's a gorgeous tree! We only have a small flat so normally have a 5ft one but I think this year I need 6ft as I'm tired of being taller than my tree haha. I hadn't heard of these realistic ones before but I'll probably just cheap it at Argos again, it works well enough usually.

I've never had much bother with real tress, needles dropping and taking it down but at 70-80 a year I'm tempted.

I have a M&S fake tree which is great but I think I'll miss the real look.

Balsam is exactly where I'm looking. The girls Dad has one but I can't remember it that well.

We had one last year and it did look really good but i missed my real tree and it didnt feel the same. I missed the smell!

Following!

We were buying our house last year so no money for a real one and used our rubbish fake tree, I really love real trees so am also after a very good fake to make myself feel better since DH doesn't want more real trees :(

The only thing I noticed from the kids Dad was it was really chunky - there are loads of options but so hard when you can't see it!

The only thing I noticed from the kids Dad was it was really chunky - there are loads of options but so hard when you can't see it!

That's my worry too, some of the online ones are £150 upwards, its a lot of money for something you can't see in person!

should add - I'm thinking of getting this one https://www.tesco.com/direct/7ft-luxury-regency-fir-christmas-tree/548-0328.prd

That looks so bushy and amazing! Makes mine look like a diseased sapling :haha:

That's my worry too, some of the online ones are £150 upwards, its a lot of money for something you can't see in person!

should add - I'm thinking of getting this one https://www.tesco.com/direct/7ft-luxury-regency-fir-christmas-tree/548-0328.prd

That looks so bushy and amazing! Makes mine look like a diseased sapling :haha:

:rofl: :haha:

That's just their photo, who know's what it looks like in person?

I got mine from a garden centre- like I say it wasn't cheap but i got it in 2009 and it's still
Going strong!

So my tree and garland arrived. It's not quite as realistic as I would have liked but it definitely much better than a lot i have seem. I didn't get the whole tree out and set it up but it's a nice bush tree that look pretty real until you get very close.

I'm sure that is the one we got last year. It's okay,quite wide at the bottom.Ivehas four trees in six years, this one's got to last a bit longer .

I'm sure that is the one we got last year. It's okay,quite wide at the bottom.Ivehas four trees in six years, this one's got to last a bit longer .

do you have any pics pretty please?

Not on my phone but I'll check my PC later for you x

So my tree and garland arrived. It's not quite as realistic as I would have liked but it definitely much better than a lot i have seem. I didn't get the whole tree out and set it up but it's a nice bush tree that look pretty real until you get very close.

I read that as you didn't buy a whole tree at first :rofl:

Not on my phone but I'll check my PC later for you x

Following.

I'm looking at this 'real artificial' tree for next year as I can't make it work for this Christmas. It might not be green but it's looks real apparently. I don't do the traditional - it's boring and black has a stunning effect with purple, white and silver against it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->