Realistically, is there a TWW? Do you still symptom spot after trying for 6+ months?

Butterfly89

Mama of 1
Reaction score
I mean symptom-wise. :) Everything I've read medically seems to point to the fact that symptoms should not start until after implantation, which is generally 6-10DPO and even then, its unlikely HSG/etc would build up enough to cause symptoms for at *least* a few days, likely at least a week or more.

So I mean... how likely is it that you have real symptoms in the TWW? :blush: I used to be an obsessive spotter when I first started TTC, but now I just feel like gets my hopes up for no reason, so I've mostly stopped.

What do you ladies think? What symptoms are "real", if any?

I struggle with this one too. I know as I sit here I've had mild AF pains on a off for about 3 days (now 10dpo) which I never have during my normal cycle - but before tcc I never paid any attention to my body so can't be 100% sure my mind isn't paying tricks on me. I don't think I've been at this long enough to get royally fed up with it all though, I think after 6 months I'd be very tired of the speculation if I was always disappointed.

Saying that, I'd support you in a campaign to remane it the one week wait as I think the science behind the phase pre implantation is quite shakey and leads to a lot of unnecessary stress for people with no symptoms, or people notice post ovulation symtoms which they never even picked up before.

x

I love your username. =)

And yeah, its driving me crazy. Even today, AF is due, I have cramps, but no AF. :witch: is playing with my head, lol.

I mean symptom-wise. :) Everything I've read medically seems to point to the fact that symptoms should not start until after implantation, which is generally 6-10DPO and even then, its unlikely HSG/etc would build up enough to cause symptoms for at *least* a few days, likely at least a week or more.

So I mean... how likely is it that you have real symptoms in the TWW? :blush: I used to be an obsessive spotter when I first started TTC, but now I just feel like gets my hopes up for no reason, so I've mostly stopped.

What do you ladies think? What symptoms are "real", if any?

Everything I have ever read states that there really can't be symptoms until after implantation because the body hasn't even been making the PG hormone until the little bean implants. The regular progesterone released after ovulation is going to cause certain "symptoms" but they are not necessarily PG symptoms!!!

My boobs are sore just about every month for a few days regardless, that's just a regular "symptom" I get every month along with a pimple and craving for chocolate and to yell at somebody. lol.

Which is why all this symptom spotting is so unecessary and at times trying for me to even read about or glance over because its just silly. :wacko:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Realistically..no..maybe not..but its what helps alot of ladies get through the waiting time and feel a glimmer of hope...even if it does end in disappointment. We are disappointed each month anyway regardless when we dont get our bfps. Also...its nice to compare Notes' on what can be signs and whats not or compare how we feel from one pregnancy to the next.. I know some women find it exhausting where as others enjoy it...it just a matter of opinion I guess. I see both sides point.

Realistically..no..maybe not..but its what helps alot of ladies get through the waiting time and feel a glimmer of hope...even if it does end in disappointment. We are disappointed each month anyway regardless when we dont get our bfps. Also...its nice to compare Notes' on what can be signs and whats not or compare how we feel from one pregnancy to the next.. I know some women find it exhausting where as others enjoy it...it just a matter of opinion I guess. I see both sides point.

You're right, there are two sides. I am just in a bad mood today I guess. I symptom spot every month and I can't stop myself. I keep a journal and write it all down. So I am no better than anyone. I just know in the back of my mind not to get too excited because more likely than not, it's just regular progesterone doing its job.

Why can't we have nap time at work?????????????? :sleep:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

I am a terrible symptom spotter!
Unfortunately, I am a midwife, so it's my job to know the *real* TWW symptoms.
If it's any help to you ladies, one to look out for is prickly/tingling nipples in the week running up to your period. This is because of the increased blood flow to them.
Doesn't stop me prodding my boobs every ten minutes to see if they're still sore, though!

With me its the last week that gets me sympton spotting.. the first one goes by quite easily without me noticing too much.
I may even TRY to not sympton spot this cycle(even though the back of my head I will:haha:)

green_ thanks for the tip!! :D

I always have that symptom, lol. =( But maybe I have a hormone imbalance, not sure! BB's are still so sore and tingly today. I even have to put my arm over them when I go down the stairs, lol. That is super unusual for me because I'm a small B size. :blush:

But I feel so crampy, it has to be AF. Gahhh! It usually shows up in the middle of the night of CD28. But it didn't, just lots of white/yellow cm! I just have the same sore lower belly feeling I always get though.

I gave in and took a test this afternoon and BFN. So I dunno what's holding it back. It will probably appear tomorrow since I'm starting a new job, lol. Ah well.

See I personally believe in EPF, so I do believe symptoms can start well before implantation!! Ive been trying for over 2 years and I symptom spot EVERY month as well as test every day after 9dpo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->