Really angry my SIL let me be exposed to shingles!

That was really careless of her to expose you to it. I would let her know how stupid she is myself.

I got mad because my friend decided to visit when she just had a cold, but I can only imaging how mad I'd be if it were shingles.

I'm so sorry u are having to go thru this, I too have been exposed to shingles two times during my pregnancy and I have not had chicken pox but thank goodness I didn't come in contact with the infected person ( I didn't touch them in any form ) I just roomed the patient, I wish u all the luck u don't catch it !

UPDATE: The doctor rang me urgently today to let me know I'm NOT immune to chicken pox, but because one doctor has said my nephew DOES have shingles and one has said he DOESN'T have it, they're not giving me the injection as of yet. So still not sure of what's going on! I told him I thought my daughter has chicken pox but because she isn't covered head to toe in spots he wasn't really interested.

Thanks to all who replied :flower:

Are these your GPs? Has a doc seen your daughter? I would get her chickenpox confirmed because tbh IMO I think you need the immunoglobulin. Or contact your MW again about it xxxxx

ps. Have you shouted at your SIL yet?

Yeah that's really irresponsible of her! Hope everything works out ok for you :baby:

Lol MrsPOP I haven't shouted at her :haha: feel like it though, but dont fancy starting WW3!!

UPDATE #2: My doctor rang me AGAIN today and said after doing some research last night and looking through my nephews medical records he wanted me to have the immunoglobulin injection IMMEDIATELY. I had to go and pick up the immunoglobulin myself from the hospital (felt like i was on a secret mission lol!) and take it to my surgery where they administered the injection.

I must say girls, catch chickenpox when you can because the injection was SO SO painful. My whole body is killing I can barely walk/ sit down!! It's two massive needles one in each bum cheek. Arghh just horrible. Anyway, I'm glad it's over and done with now and me and baby are safe. Been an absolutely awful experience though I must admit!!

Thanks so much to all who have commented :flower:

Glad everything is over with and everything is going to be ok. You should still have a word with her though and tell her not to come by again if she even suspects her or her son have something!

Glad you got it sorted and sorry to hear of the ordeal you have been put through. I never had chicken pox either and tested non immune to Rubella despite having had the jab... I would be absolutely LIVID if I were you that your sister-in-law exposed you to her son's shingles - it beggars belief.

Really sorry to hear this...how irresponsible of your sil...I recently was exposed to slapped cheek as well by an idiot neighbour friend...even after we gave them a choice that we will drop out of a get-together if they wud like to go....they said its not safe for other kids either n that they won't go...n imagine my shock when I saw them when I finally reached there...I was so tempted to readout loudly to those morons what harm this can cause my baby....but...we stayed for a decent time n left n avoided the kid like plague...but it was so bad for us because we LOVE the kid n he is one of the reasons we decided to make a baby in the first place...had to to stop playing with him before this because he kept getting sick by the stuff his 3yr old bro picked up at nursery n I kept picking up stuff from him n the mom was not the best hygiene minded person..recycled snot tissue n cross used cutlery between sick n well kid keeping the cyclic sickness ongoing...as a derivative I had a miserable first tri with continuous fever n cold until I realized n stop going to their home and playing with the kids...anyway...hope n pray you didnt catch it...good luck...

Glad its all sorted out. Just put a.word.across to ur sil so that she behaves in future. Sometimes even people with a ton of kids don't know squat abt a lot of precautionary stuff we r aware of today..

Oh I am so SO glad you've had the immunoglobulin *phew* I was worried when you said the Doc didn't think you needed it at first!!!!!

I understand you not wanting to cause WW3 :haha: but really think your SIL needs to be aware of how much danger she put you and your bubba in. I didn't want to scare you earlier but chickenpox in pregnancy is extremely dangerous and can cause both serious health problems to the baby and mum....and even cause death. :wacko: It doesn't bear thinking about that this woman willingly put you both in danger...not forgetting that your poor little daughter has caught chickenpox bless her.

She won't be around other pregnant women will she? If she is she needs to be told. Perhaps your OH could say something?

I'm just so glad you're ok :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"