really angry with myself :(

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
Well I had my glucose test last week the 3 hr one and today I get a call from one of the midwife's at the hospital to tell me I have gestational diabetes.
I have tried so hard with watching what i ate as I don't want to put on weight or get gestational diabetes I feel so gutted and annoyed with myself.
After thinking I won't have to go up the hospital till I have my csection as my mom will have her knee opp in November it was ideal because my Mom watches dd2 for me if I have any appointments and now its all messed up I dread taking dd2 anywhere with me as she's so naughty.
I'm worried about my baby too I have big babies so now I'm concerned he's gonna be massive, I never had this with both my girls and I nievely thought it wouldn't happen this time round
HOW WRONG WAS I!

Aww I'm sorry, but it is definitely possible to not put on much weight...I have gd, it's the first time I've ever had it and I was diagnosed pretty early on, around 11 weeks! For me it's actually helped me to keep the weight off, I'm following a low carb, high protein, high fat diet and so far from the 20 lbs I lost due to ms, I've only gained back 2 lbs and I'm 35 weeks, so at this point I still have an 18 lb loss and I don't have much further as I'm suspected to go early again.

Oh Hun it's not your fault , hugs , I don't have any experience with gd , but if Bub gets too big they will induce you I think , try not to worry and just keep doing what your doing eating well xx

It definitely isn't anything you did. I eat healthily and maintain a normal weight and get GD every time. It's also more likely as you get older, but that's not definitive either as I'm only 24 now (22 with first pregnancy) and have GD. And my GD with my first was very well managed; baby only weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. You and baby will be just fine; don't beat yourself up about it.

Aww I'm sorry hun, it's definitely not your fault though :hugs:

It definitely isn't anything you did. I eat healthily and maintain a normal weight and get GD every time. It's also more likely as you get older, but that's not definitive either as I'm only 24 now (22 with first pregnancy) and have GD. And my GD with my first was very well managed; baby only weighed 7 lbs 1 oz. You and baby will be just fine; don't beat yourself up about it.

Definitely age in my case as I had babies at the same weight in my 20s and now I'm 33 with this one and it's the first time ive ever had it :/

You can read more about it in the gestational complications forum, there's heaps there.

I have it as well, but am not so concerned, as I am probably going to be pre-term as well. I know that it can cause other issues, so I am trying to be sensible, but it's hard since I am on bedrest as well.

Anyway just keep in mind it's also genetics. My sister had GD with her first and my maternal grandmother has Type 2 diabetes. She never ate well. I at least try to eat healthy.

It's not your fault. Your placenta is kicking out insulin resistant hormones. Some women become more insulin resistant, hence Gestational diabetes. I have it this time (not first time). I'm 37 weeks and weigh the same as I did at booking in. I recommend you look at the website gestationaldiabetes.co.uk Loads of really useful info on there to help you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->