Really annoyed so need to vent!

firstLO

Evie's mum & pregnant
Reaction score
So OH's brother came round to see us the other night and today my FIL told me that apparently he had said to him that we didn't know how to handle our child! He thinks this because we don't support her head all the time. We don't do this though because she has always been really good at supporting her own head and doesn't need it supported. She has been like this since very early on and we have even had doctors comment on how well she holds her head and how strong she is. What really annoys me is the fact he obviously thinks we don't know how to look after her. He thinks he's an expert just cos he has a child of his own.
I know it's no big deal but I'm still seething about it now!

Rant over - phew!

:hug:

Isn't it horrible when people pass judgement on your parenting skills? Take no notice. You know what's best for your child. x

:hug: some babies are just more "sturdy" I do know what you mean, my neice was always "sturdy" :hugs:

I think people get really agitated about the 'support their head' thing! I've had lots of people (from my inlaws to complete strangers in the supermarket) get really nervous about how me and my OH handle our 3 month old, as he lifted his own head up off the bed the day after he was born!!! We maybe needed to support his head for a couple of weeks, but that was it! Only when he's REALLY tired does he start to flop around a bit!

I think that its because its the only thing some people even know about babies... its burned into our social consciousness, SUPPORT THE BABIES HEAD!!!

One time my FIL was holding Jasper, when he was about 3 weeks old and he was holding him as if Jasper was a fragile piece of glass that would shatter if he didn't hold him 'properly', while Jasper freaks out struggling and cying because all he wants to do is be held in a 'standing' position on your lap so he can see everyone!

All babies are different and I think SO many people forget this when its not their baby!

awww sorry about that, u know wot people can be like, try not to listen i knows its hard, i bet your great parents

Ignore him. You know your own baby. Niamh has always been very strong too and can even roll a little now, and always lifts her head up by herself. You're obviously going to be careful so I don't know why he feels like he should pass comment.

arh.......some people....
even someone who doesn't have a child still try to give me advice..do this ..don't do that.. do you do this ... do you do that, you know ,and they are bl**dy annoying

Chel - Evie's like that too. She loves to stand up on my knee and look around and when she's sat down she pulls her head forward even more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->