Really bad acid reflux!!!!!!

laurajade__x

Reaction score
Oh my god I don't think I can cope much longer!!! I have gaviscon on prescription but it doesn't even work anymore! What I eat or drink doesn't matter I still get it, it's even worse when I'm trying to sleep and it chokes me! Makes me nearly throw up I'm fed up of having it for most of the day every day now I feel like crying :( is there anything other that gaviscon I can take? Somthing that actually works?!

My doctor gave me a prescription for 150mg ranitidine tablets yesterday for exactly the same problem you described. ..my prescription gaviscon wasnt working anymore either!

Ask for tgat ranitidine, it's a life saver! I take two tablets a day and heartburn and indigestion are a thing of the past now! xx

yep same here Ranitidine, but i have a glass of milk to neutralise too x

I got ranitidine and started off with one per day (was told to take two but tried to limit dosage). It worked really well but needed to go up to two per day after a week or so. Now even two don't eliminate heartburn and reflux all together :-(

oh also try eatting little and often to keep the acid busy

I had reflux before baby, so its just awful now. I'm taking rantidine too, and trying to eat smaller meals, stay sitting up for a while after I eat. Another reason to look forward to getting the baby out!

Don't eat within 2-3 hours before bed and drink lots of milk!

Ranitidine, which you can get over the counter in most countries (Zantac). Also, milk works surprisingly well. If ranitidine doesn't work, go to the doctor for a proton pump inhibitor (heavier duty prescription option). There are safe ones for pregnancy. I was prescribed one after barfing blood but ranitidine did the trick for me.

Sounds crazy...but a spoonful of mustard (suggested by my dad who has had reflux all his life, and my friends OB) or a spoonful of apple cider vinegar. I use the mustard and it gets rid of it IMMEDIATELY

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->