Really bunged up nose

becky1978

Mum to a 5 year old
Reaction score
For the past few days I've had a really bunged up nose, and it's not a cold. I'm sure I'd read something somewhere about blood vessels in the nose swelling due to more blood in your body, and this can cause the bunged up feeling - or am I going mad?

It is really common, I have ot from about 10 weeks with all of my pregnancies and it's awful. I use olbas oil on my pillow at night but it is awful and I get nose bleeds too. I don't know if it's hormones but your blood vessels swell alot in pregnancy and they are quite close to the surface inside your nose and so it is easier to disrupt them or pop a few. It will go after the birth but I don't have anything else I can offer as advice :hug:

Who would have guesses so many orifices (if your nose is an orifice. I THINK it is...)would be affected by pregnancy.
Its not uncommon, what you are experiencing...

I wouldnt say im bunged up but keep sneezin. Is this related you think or am i just gettin a cold??? lol

Its from horomones! I was told by my doctor that saline nose drops help tons! But you have to stick with them for a few days and not give up if they dont work at first.

I have a really terrible cold and they have been working for me, but she was right at first I thought this sucks..it wasnt doing anything. But in like 3-4 days it sure helped!

Ive just been suffering from non stop sneezing..maybe a cold tho!

Yup, I'm suffering too. Stuffy nose, runny nose, lots of sneezing. Been told it's called rhinitis of pregnancy or something.... :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->