Really confused about weaning!!long..sorry!

sazzyb1985

Reaction score
Hiya i just need some advice really, my lo is 6 months tomorrow and has been having some solids since 18 weeks.However i'm trying to get us into a routine.Im not sure how much milk to give her as the formula box says 32 oz from 6 months and the health visitor said she only needs about 21 now.Shes always had the amount it says on the box,and she's never had to cry for it as its always been every certain amount of hours, unless i forget then she cries!Now shes having solids though she doesnt seem as interested in her milk and im all over the place trying to time her feeds between her solids lol and getting confused about what shes had.Does it matter now what she's having as long as shes getting her vitamins etc from somewhere sheshad3 meals today and only about 20oz so far please help im so confused and worried about giving her too little/too much and i feel bad making her ask for food when shes hungry cos we've had a good routine up til now x x

at 6months when we started weaning , i would do his solid bit first and then let him drink as much milk as he wanted after, when he was upto 3 decent sized portions a day he king=d of stopped wanting the bottle he had after lunch time so we dropped that one and the same with the others eventually, now at 18 months he has porridge containing milk ( obviously) for breakfast and a big drinkn of milk before bed but meal times are now milk free.
try to include cheese / yogurt etc.. in her solids as they count towards her milk intake, if she is eating a good diet and getting enough calcium then i wouldnt worry if she turns her nose up at the odd bottle, remember the box is only a guideline and if you weaned early then she is likely to be further intio weaning than another 6 months old would be thus needing a it less milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->