Really embarassing can anyone help?

daisydoo

Mummy to Oliver & Amelia
Reaction score
Hi!
During birth I ended up with episiotomy and 3rd degree tear due to forceps and although its all a bit of a blur i can remember a doctor with his hands inside my bum stretching it. afterwards, he had his finger up (sorry tmi) asking if i could squeeze it with my bum muscles but i couldn't so he said he would have to mend it or i would be faecally (sorry sp?) incontinent. anyway, 3 times now i have not made it to the loo on time and :blush: have poo'd myself. im so worried this will happen when i'm out as it just comes i have no control over it. oh how embarrasing writing this. im just wondering if anyone has experienced the same and if it got better, and if it's just a matter of time (been 9 days) and i have to give myself time to mend or does this sound not right?
Thanks xx

Hi hun,
Sorry but i cant help with this as i have no experience of it. I just didnt want to read and run. Dont be embarrassed about posting this though - easier said than done i know. Thats what this forum is for :flower:

Hope you get some answers xxx

i had a 2nd degree tear with my son, and although i wasn't actually pooing myself when I had to go it was like an emergency and i had to get there asap or i would have! thankfully this improved and got better over about 2 months. I kept doing pelvic floor exercises and doing what your doc asked you to do squeezing with your bum muscles etc to try to help this.

And i'm happy to say i've just had my second baby and didn't tear at all.

9 days isnt long hun, so dont expect miricles at the mo
i had a 2nd degree tear and it was close to being a 3rd and had to have numerous people sticking their fingers up my bum to check and see where the tear had gone!
luckily it was a 2nd degree.
still, not the nicest to have things up your bottom so i can sympathise with that!

= 0 )

x

I had a 3rd degree, and remember well the urgency when you needed a poo...I was on lactulose aswell, which just made me have to run that little bit quicker...isn't giving birth a beautiful thing :)

Oh that must be awful for you hun :hugs: I don't have any experience of tearing personally but looking at the other ladies responses it looks like its normal this early? Defo mention it to your HV when you see her next though, and please don't feel too embarassed to say something as it needs to be attended to.

wish you well hun xx the things we have to go through xx:( x

I had this after my daughter and it did get better. I had a few accidents in the first months but I dont have it now. It took about 9 months to be 100% better but was nearly there at my 8 week check. Do lots of pelvic floor exercises and squeeze at the back as well. Congratulations on your new baby.

Ah thanks for your replies girls I will give it a bit of time then readdress it on my 6 week check up. maybe the lactulose is making it all a bit too lose aswell. gosh the glamour of motherhood!!!! xxx:hugs:

No advice but just wanted to send :hug: No need to be embarrassed about posting things here at all xxx

This is even more embarassing for me to admit to because I had a section so nothing happened 'down there' at all, but I found it took a couple of weeks to get the feeling that I needed the loo back (both wee and poop) and I'd only get the feeling I needed to go just as I was about to go so done a lot of fast running and I also lost the ability to 'hold it' for a few weeks.

It got better after a few weeks so if things aren't improving after a couple more weeks then I'd speak to your HV or GP xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->