Really heavy bleeding. Vitex??

My_Story

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I'm currently on CD2 and my bleeding is excessive. I'm flooding a super absorbent nighttime sanitary towel roughly every hour. I have always had right sided ovarian pain since a teen and investigations have had nothing come up since I was 16 and had a cyst drained. I was on depo for 4 years after having my DD in 2010 and never bled. Me and OH are now TTC since had the implant taken out August 2014 but OPK are saying I'm not ovulating. Since taking implant out I kept bleeding fortnightly. Mid cycle last cycle I started Vitex to assist ovulation which lengthened my cycle to 21 days but now I'm having very heavy bleeding. Mild cramping but not too bad.
Anyone else have this after starting Vitex? Or know what this could be?
Thanks!
Sophie

Sorry, I am not sure about the association between vitex and heavy bleeding. In fact many women take it regularly for uncomfortable PMS symptoms and to stop erratic/irregular bleeding. Vitex may start working within 10 days, but full benefits may not be experienced until 6 months or longer. It can be rare to experience or notice any profound difference in just one month time. But if you are suspect, it could be because of vitex, you should stop taking it and a visit to gynaecologist.

Every herb will react differently for each person. Some women do better by taking herbs all month long, while others benefit from taking a break during their menstrual cycle, giving the body a chance to cleanse itself and rest. Generally a break is suggested during menstruation if you are taking the herbs for months on end, as it is a good idea to give the body a break.

If you are taking any other herbs or hormonal medications along with it could be due to interaction as well. Herbs that act on the hormonal system could affect how your medications are working. Vitex is known to reduce cyst that are growing within uterus however, whether this heavy bleeding is due to rupturing of it or not, only ultrasound can confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->