Really Low beta???? 14 dpo

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by WhosThatGirl, Apr 16, 2009.

1. WhosThatGirl

WhosThatGirl Mommy of 4 amazing kids!

Hey guys.. I have had multiple positive equate tests, 2 positive clearblue digital tests (and many negative clearblue digitals also!). Yesterday had the pregnancy confirmed at the clinic, edd 12/23/09 and I was 14 dpo.

The nurse commented on how light my positive result was, as well as most of my home test have been very light (for 14 dpo).

I got my first beta result back today and it is 13 :(

I know they say dont worry about the first number, as long as they double in 48 hours they are fine. But how do you NOT worry with a crappy number like 13?!? A number like 13 at 14dpo can't be good news.. right??

And if its really 13 I am surprised how many (light) but positive tests I have had!

You can read and see pics of my test "progression" up untill yesterday (14 dpo) here...

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-tests-gallery/121393-so-confused-pics.html

Im thinking of going into the walk in tonight for a nother beta even though its only been 24 hours. Should I wait untill tomorrow afternoon instead? Its just so hard to sit and wait :(

Does anybody know of anyone else who has ever had such a low beta and had a healthy pregnancy or is a miscarriage a sure thing?

2. FJL

FJL Heartbroken after m/c

A beta of 100+ from 14-15dpo is what the Dr wants to see...BUT, there are lots of women I know with very low betas that go on to have a healthy pregnancy...you maybe just have a late implanter on board, or is it possible you got your O dates a few days mixed up? As a few days makes all the difference with beta readings.

Get another test in 2-3 days time, and if numbers are doing what they should (double every 48 hours) then it will be looking really good.

The other possibility is that it might be a chemical pregnancy. I hope I haven't scared you by saying this, and i'm hoping its not, but it may explain the + tests followed by a low beta reading.

Good luck for your retest :hugs:

3. WhosThatGirl

WhosThatGirl Mommy of 4 amazing kids!

My last period was 3/17 and the only day we BD during my O window was on April 1st. I have a normal 29 day cycle. So I am pretty sure conception happened right around April 1st. I've bee thinking chemical pregnancy also because the test are so faint.

4. jen51903

jen51903 Expecting #2,mom to Chase

My doctor told me that normal levels for 4 weeks are 9-130. It could be that you implanted later than most, just a few days ago. I do know a woman that had a Beta HGC of 13 and has a happy and healthy 1 year old baby girl. ( i can find the post for you if you like) I understand your concern though. with my third pregnancy my levels were a 6! Good luck and keep us updated.