Really Low HCG

Momof2onetube

Momma of 2 each <3
Reaction score
I just had beta done yesterday, which came back at 460. I called my gyno’s office and my nurse said my numbers are really low :( I’m scared that it’s another ectopic. I thought my numbers were ok for 4 weeks, from what I’ve read. I think I have to repeat bloods on Monday but that’s forever away, stressing is an understatement

You surely without a second draw they can’t really judge how high or low that is? Hun your tests look fab and look like they should at this point. I’m sorry they said that and your now worried. Got all crossed that everything is fine xx

Thanks hun @Mummy2Corban I’m hoping for the best possible outcome. I don’t understand how she could be so quick to say it’s low. I have an appt with my gyno on Wednesday morning

460 is totally normal for 4 weeks and it's the doubling time that matters. Look at beta base for some reassurance :)

My 14dpo draw was like 64. I'm now 11+2 no issues

Ugh, your nurse should not have said that and she is very incorrect. When I was 4w2d with my son, my levels were 334. He will be 5 next month.
Hope this helps to reassure you!

Thank you ladies!!! That’s very reassuring. I will update when I get my next set of results :) hoping for a nice big number

Good luck Mom !

When they thought DD2 was eptopic they didn’t even say that my first number was low just that the second draw would determine the next steps. Thankfully all was ok hoping for the same for you too x

I always disregard any/ all advice given by providers. Pretty sure they pull information from a dated poster in the break room. Fx for Monday momma, congrats!!

What I don’t understand is I used a CB Digi the day after my missed period and it said “2-3”, so how are my numbers low if even that registered on time with how far along I am? :dohh: I’m calm now, I’d just like Monday to hurry up so I can prove my gyno wrong!

I hope Monday arrives quickly for you and fingers crossed for some positive answers :hugs:

That nurse is dumb. She should know better than to tell you that one draw of hCG is high or low. It's doubling time that matters. Don't listen to her! I'm hoping your second draw has more than doubled, and all is well! I'm sure it is, though. Try not to stress too much.

I'm in the exact same boat as you! I'm 3+4 and my HCG is only 21. I've also had an ectopic and was freaking out. Doctor said it's likely to be chemical, but a lot of lovely ladies in here have said as long as the numbers double, the first number doesn't mean much. I get more bloods on Monday too. Stay strong x

Good luck @Jft1 lets hope we get good results! Will you get yours same day? I can get mine online later Monday if I go as soon as the lab opens

Keep me posted! I’ll update as soon as I get my results too

@Momof2onetube Dumb nurse worrying you for nothing!!! When my period was due my HCG was 325 and I thought that was great. 2nd number 4 days later was above 1,796. I am sure you are fine :) Rooting for an awesome number for you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"