really need some reassurance or advice

kat132

3 boys
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

So almost 2 weeks ago i had a visit from my midwife for a check up. All was well and i heard the heartbeat which was great. The day after i started to feel movements. Only small ones but it was fab.Had that for 3-4 days then nothing!

I am now freaking out as the midwife said that i would start feeling movements at around 16 weeks as it is my 3rd :shrug:
Hubby thinks i am worrying too much but i cant stop. Doesnt help that i suffer with anxiety so in my mind everything is so much worse.
Should i just wait for my 20 week scan or call the midwife and see if she can find the heartbeat?
I feel like i am being a drama queen but i am so worried i feel like crying....

I have anxiety and pregnancy-related PTSD so I totally get where you are coming from.

Just remember that at 16 weeks that baby is still so small and you won't feel regular movement. I'm almost 17 weeks and I've felt bubs moving for at least 3 weeks but I still have freakouts because I'll suddenly realize that I haven't felt baby move in hours or since the previous day. Then I force myself to sit and calm down because I know my anxiety is actually making me NOT feel movement. If I wait long enough, I usually feel a little thump or tap. And some days, I don't feel baby move more than 2-3 times the whole day. There's a lot of room for baby to move around in and depending on baby's position, where your placenta is, how full your bladder is, where baby happens to thump you, etc. you may or may not feel it. Even at my 20 week scans it's amazing to me how much my other babies have moved around on the screen and I don't feel a thing even though I have visual proof my kids are practically kickboxing with my bladder.

I'm always looking for reassurance though. My bump isn't growing fast enough, my movements are regular enough, my pg symptoms aren't strong enough, etc. etc. :dohh: I know this is just my anxiety talking though and when it gets super overwhelming, I make an appt with my therapist. (I see a therapist for my anxiety, depression, and PTSD.) I also see my OB every 2-3 weeks for hb checks as needed and I do deep breathing or meditation exercises on the advice of both my dr and my therapist.

So yes, your anxiety is making things seem dire when they likely aren't BUT that doesn't mean you are a drama queen. Those who don't have anxiety can't truly understand what it's like to have it or how profound an effect it can have on your body. You aren't alone in feeling this way. :hugs: Hope this helps!

I'm pregnant with my third as well and I did not feel movements until 19 weeks (and my placenta is not anterior or anything either). Everyone is different :)

Generally I notice movement shortly after eating and definitely after laying down for the night. Can you eat or drink something sweet and see if you notice baby movement? This may help reassure you. This is my second pregnancy and I didn't feel much movement until 17-18 weeks.

I felt very early movement, around 10 weeks, and occasional movement until around 18 weeks when I started feeling stronger movements but still only occasional. I haven't started feeling regular, reliable, schedule-able movement until 22-23 weeks. This is my 3rd.

I had this when I was 19 weeks where I didn't feel baby for 3-4 days after feeling movement since 16 weeks. I was having a stress but then baby picked up again and I'm feeling more movement than ever now. I guess they had just changed position before so I couldn't feel as much. That being said, if it's good for your mental wellbeing I would call your midwife and see if she will do a quick doppler check.

Thanks everyone i feel better now. I have another scan in 3 weeks and 4 days so cant wait for that. I suppose baby does still have a lot of room!

I just hope i start to feel baby move some more soon but thanks for letting me know your stories :flower: sounds like in general its still quite early. xx

Thanks everyone i feel better now. I have another scan in 3 weeks and 4 days so cant wait for that. I suppose baby does still have a lot of room!

I just hope i start to feel baby move some more soon but thanks for letting me know your stories :flower: sounds like in general its still quite early. xx

At my 20 week scan, the tech kept going on a out how active baby was, and I was like, really? Couldn't feel that much yet!

That happened to me at one of my check up. NP wanted to just hear the heartbeat and couldn't find one so we went to the next room to do an ultrasound. The moment she touched me with the probe she started laughing and turned the screen. We couldn't find the heartbeat because he was all over the place from one end of me to the other. I told her how crazy it was for him to be bouncing all over and I feel nothing. :wacko:

That happened to me at one of my check up. NP wanted to just hear the heartbeat and couldn't find one so we went to the next room to do an ultrasound. The moment she touched me with the probe she started laughing and turned the screen. We couldn't find the heartbeat because he was all over the place from one end of me to the other. I told her how crazy it was for him to be bouncing all over and I feel nothing. :wacko:

At my 12 week check they tried to find the heartbeat but couldn't so I got an extra scan, baby was wriggling around in there but nothing noticable for sure. At that point I was just feeling the occasional flutter.

Every now and then I feel a flutter. Yesterday I felt a big one for the first time. That one I think was definitely baby. I just don't really know what I'm feeling for. This is my first pregnancy so its like is that my LO or gas :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->