really need support!!!

lisawoop

Reaction score
...with breastfeeding in public. Lo is 6 weeks old and I have manages to avoid feeding him while out and about so far but im going out tomorrow and theres no chance to avoid it any longer. Im terrified, im shaking just thinking about it. I was hoping to get lo to take a bottle of expressed milk but he wont take it. Please any words of wisdom or positive stories really needed!!!

I really worried about it. I really got by with wearing H&M Mama tops, but a top with a vest underneath can work well.

I remember my first time, I though everyone was staring at me. Turns out my hubby, right next to me, had no idea I was feeding either. :rofl: Tori was crying and instinct just kicked in and i had too. I was more embarrased that she was kicking off, so feeding her stopped her and no-one gave a monkeys.

You get confidence with practice, so if you manage to bf outside tomorrow, i can bet you will come home feeling quite proud of yourself!

Thank you. I have bought some of those tops and some breastfeeding bras so hopefully I can do it without people noticing but my son can be quite a messy eater! Fingers crossed he will be a good boy for me to get over the first time smoothly!

I think after doing it a few times, you just kind of get over it. I had a nice breastfeeding apron at first, but that got lost somehow, and after that I would just feed in the car if we were out.

But when she was 7 weeks old, I had to take a plane to visit my parents, so I just bit the bullet and fed her right there on the crowded plane. I noticed that the guy sitting next to me very quickly struck up an animated conversation with the person on the other side of him, so he could turn away from me (same exact thing happened on my return trip, so it wasn't just my imagination).

But after that, I was ok with feeding in public if I absolutely had to, but of course I still prefer the car or some out of the way nook so I don't make people uncomfortable. I honestly couldn't care less who sees my boobs anymore, except for the fact that other people get uncomfortable.

A loose baggy shirt really helps; I usually wear one of my big maternity t-shirts if I know I'll have to feed in public; it covers a lot once baby is latched on; even my belly so no need for an undershirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->