Really not sure what to do now....

Mo_mo

Third tri!!!
Reaction score
Today I decided to leave my job as I have been finding it VERY hard to cope and it has been making me depressed (I was there for nearly 2 years and ive hated it since i started). I just felt like i couldnt cope anymore.
It got to the stage where i wasnt even fussed about the maternity pay as i would rather be sane and have a healthy pregnancy rather than stay there and make myself sick.
It wasnt a rash decision (been contemplating it for nearly 4 months) but now OH is moaning cos he thinks i just want to bum around on benefits, (i dont) which i couldnt even do yet cos you cant claim for 2 months if you make yourself unemployed

Im thinking of doing some temping work for the next 4 or 5 months.

Would i need to tell my employer im preggo straight away at the interview or can i wait til i get a job offer then tell em? Also where is the best place to look for temping jobs in london?

Pretty sure you can wait until you get an offer. That way you can be sure they're not discriminating against you.

As long as its something that isn't going to pose a health risk to you or be something that you are physically unable to do, I don't see why you need to volunteer that info.
You are going after a temp job, after all. This isn't a full-time position where they'll have to turn around and train someone else.
If it's a desk job (or a series of desk jobs), in particular, there is no reason your pregnancy would affect your performance. Any suggestion otherwise would be discriminatory, I would think.
It's worth while to look up your rights in the workplace during pregnancy. I have a great job, but I'm the first to go on mat leave and when we all read the preggy/workplace stuff, I found out all sorts of useful things, like needing to give my employer written notice of my intentions by a certain date, etc. It was really informative and useful.

I don't think you need to tell them before, especially as you're only looking for temp work. Why not approach an agency and tell them that you're only interested in short term contracts, eg holiday cover? It's not ideal changing jobs every few weeks, but could also be beneficial, as you only have to take on work when you're feeling up to it, and being pregnant shouldn't influence whether they employ you or not, as you're not looking for a permanent role. Just an idea, as my Mum did this for a while when she was pregnant with me, although I don't know how much things have changed 27 years on! lol
Good luck hun, I hope you sort something out.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"