Really P*$$ed off!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by JASMAK, Dec 19, 2009.

1. JASMAK

JASMAK Mom of three

I was told by the fertility clinic on the 15th to go and get an Hcg blood test, they would fax the order to the blood clinic. I went and did that one. The fertility clinic then phoned me with those results the next day and told me that I would need to go again Friday (today). I asked if the order was going to be faxed again, and she said no, that it would already be there. I went there today, and the lady at the blood clinic could not find the order anywhere! She was looking all over the place, meanwhile, I am looking at the clock and notice that it is almost 4:30 (the time the fertility clinic closes) and I want this lady to hurry so I can phone them and fax a new order...but, she is just talking and looking and being really annoying really. Finally about 10 minutes later, she says "oh I guess I will try to phone the clinic and see if they can send another one". So, she dissapears and then comes back about 5 minutes later and says "you JUST missed them, they JUST turned off their phones...they close at 4:30" Then she laughs, and shrugs her shoulders, and says "oh well". I am, at this point, about to burst into tears. My eyes were welled up, and I could feel my lip quivering.:cry:

I am so pi$$ed. First, does she REALLY think that she should be giggling and saying "oh well" to a woman who has an order from a Fertily Clinic for an Hcg???? I have had THREE miscarriages...this is NOT an "oh well" moment for me. Not at all. I am so upset. Now I have to wait until Monday, and now the test I had the other day is useless because it will be over 72 hours.

After that, I go and buy a digital conception indicator, hoping that it would say 2-3 weeks (I am 2 weeks past conception), but, instead, it says 1-2, which was totally unhelpful....that could be the same Hcg number I had the other day for all I know.

Sorry, just had to vent. :cry:

2. kmac625

kmac625 Mom to baby Clara

So sorry hun. I would complain to her supervisor on Monday as her behaviour and attitude were totally unprofessional. I hope that everything is ok and when you do get your bloods done the number is nice and high.

3. Gizmo

Gizmo Well-Known Member

Dont get me started on fertility clinics... could I give you some stories!

Dont worry you can put your numbers into the betabase when you get them monday and as long as they are doubling every 48-72 hours theres nothing to worry about. Heres the web address: https://www.betabase.info/doublingCalc.php

Goodluck ;)

4. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Mummy

People seriously need to get a brain, isn't it basic human behaviour ESPECIALLY when you know the blood is related to a fertility clinic HCG count that laughing at something like that is completely innapropriate and hurtful.

Definetly update with your results when you get them I hope they are nice and high . I would be Pissed off to so Vent away! it is what we are here for :)

5. vermeil

vermeil Mom to 27 week wonder+DD

Wow, that's really awful!! GRRR I would have wanted to yell at the clueless woman. GRRR.

6. JASMAK

JASMAK Mom of three

Thank you, sooo relieved to hear that! I will use that site.

Thanks for listening, and I am glad that you all thought that it was terrible too, because after I calmed down, I thought maybe I was being a bit sensitive. :wacko:

7. LeaArr

LeaArr Just him and me.

How insensitive. I'm pissed of at her too!!

8. NeyNey

NeyNey Love My IVF Munchkin

Oh sweetie, I would make a complaint!! That was completely uncalled for.

:hugs: to you, I know how awfully frustrating that had to have been

9. Janidog

Janidog Well-Known Member

It's still quite early for the clearblue test to show 2-3, try testing again when you're 4wks5days.

Also I would make a complaint :hugs:

10. BabyJayne

BabyJayne Me, DH, DD & pregnant

Hun that's awful! I wouldn't go by the clearblue...they are an indication, not exact. There are tons of ladies on here who have had that same thing and then worried about it. They are often inaccurate x