really pee'd off!!!

skippy

Got my furbabies :)
Reaction score
i'm sick of companies looking at my CV, being really enthusiastic about hiring me, inviting me for an interview asap, telling me about everything they offer in the job...then at the end of the interview after saying "yes, we would love to hire you" going "and how old are you?" and then saying "sorry we can't hire you" and then treating me like a child!
its friggen ridiculous! i've had this happen to me FIVE times in the past couple of weeks and i've now given up. surely these idiots who work there actually CHECK the CV to see if they can hire me, including checking my age.

so no more job hunting for me. i can just go with betterware, kleeneze, avon, dog walking and babysitting. does anyone have any ideas of what else i can do for money? I really need it!
:growlmad:

oh no how disapointing for you. How old are you if you dont mind me asking?

I didn't think they were allowed to turn people down due to age? :confused:

they can if they are under 18 and arent insured to emply under 18's

they were all insured to employ under 18s unfortunately, and i'm 16. :growlmad: so they really have no excuse

Ahhh right, i do apologise :)

Sorry hun :hugs:

oops, noticed the language change in the title, sorry!

Supermarkets employ 16 year olds :)

I've looked :( been through the entire yellow pages and thompson local and phoned up every shop within a 5 mile radius, nothing:(:dohh::growlmad:

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I got a job working for a huge company at 16, was promoted to junior manager at 17 so it does happen hun, don't loose faith. What kind of work are you looking for?

i live in north east hampshire, any kind of work at all:shrug:

Something to consider... Have you ever tried to earn money online?

All major companies can hire 16+ I had a job as soon as I hit 16 at Mc Donalds, sure it was a rubbish job but a job is a job :)

Tried online..still waiting on it. And mcdonalds aren't hiring around my area and the kfc just burnt down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->