Really Pleased - didn't know it would be like this!!

eeyore007

New Mummy to Frances
Reaction score
Bit of a pointless thread, but it's just occured to me that we're doing quite well!

Didn't plan to do everything so naturally, but it's just naturally happened.

Had dark days with breastfeeding in the beginning - but here we are 9 months on!
Had mild PND - but refused AD's and tackled it naturally.
Have managed to never give her a dummy.
She has no idea what a bottle is.
Most of her stuff is pre loved and is one funkily dressed charity shop baby!
Didn't plan to do baby led weaning - but as soon as we read about it I leapt at it and bubba has not had one spoonful of puree. Now eats with us, and it's an absolute joy (even though my mum still insists it isn't normal for a bubba to stink of garlic)!!!
Have stayed rear facing in the car, and will do until approx 4 yrs
And after many disasters with leaking cloth nappies we have today enjoyed our first cloth only day!!!
The only things we've not done are co sleeping, amber necklaces, and baby wearing - although with heavy use of the baby bjorn she does spent a lot of time strapped to me!!!
All in I think we've done pretty well - of course her being an easy bubba has been great!

As I said - it's pointless, but just really pleased with how we've not been sucked into the whole baby market / brainwashing stuff :thumbup:

Congrats!! I hope I'm doing as well in 6 months time :D

Well done - what happens naturally is natural parenting though! Just go with the flow is my motto!

im the same, i never planned it it just happened! weve been in full time fluff for 2 months now the breastfeeding has gone wonderfully as has the BLW, i never use the buggy anymore, i much prefer to have him close to me

im really proud that we have done things this way, and like you said, not been eaten by the marketing monster

That's the thing - it is the marketing monster isn't it. Glad to have avoided that, and yes, just doing what feels right is by definition natural!

I do use the buggy though as I like my long walks and madam is great at kicking me and my poor back has all but given up! Did however change my buggy over from the silvercross 3d to a lovely hauck buggy which now faces me. So mcuh nicer and so lovely through the woods. Again though, we cheated the system and got it through ebay!!

I would love to wear her though, but with most things I learned about it fairly late on. If a number 2 comes along though I'll definately be doing that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->