Really struggling...

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
So the second trimester is supposed to be when your energy levels increase and you feel like a saint before the third trimester aches/pains hits you. Unfortunately for me I'm still struggling just like in the first trimester. I've just come off of Diclegis for nausea 3 days ago and have been doing ok... it seems like I was ill forever! However I'm still tired like I was in the first trimester. I keep getting breathless whenever I do anything, even household chores. To be honest even looking at the clutter in our house exhausts me. I've got four other children to care for and all I want to do is sleep. I don't really have any outside help. My partner is worn out from work by the time he gets home so he can't really help much. My iron levels are great, my BP has been on the lower side but still within "normal" range so there isn't a physical reason. I'm just exhausted from making a human, I guess. Anyone else still struggling in the second trimester?

I've really struggled a lot more with this pregnancy than wth my first! I'm constantly tired too! My back is absolute agony, I'm barely sleeping, I've hardly got any energy at all!

No words of wisdom but just thought I'd say I feel ya girl!! X

Yes. This is my 3rd baby and i am struggling hard. My energy is crap and I feel so guilty just laying around when i know my Kids want my attention. The clutter is exhausting to me too as I feel like nothing gets done. No advice but you're not alone

I'm still struggling a lot! Still lots of nausea and vomiting despite the Diclectin. I feel ya 100%. We will get through this. 💕

Ugh seriously! Definitely havent gotten the 2nd trimester glow or energy. Ive been exhausted this whole pregnancy. And i had terrible nausea until 16 weeks, starting at 3 weeks. With my 1st i was full of energy and felt fantastic. This is completely the opposite and im 22 1/2 weeks. ��

Well I think the answer is you have four other kids. I have one and that is exhausting, AND he's school age!

But seriously, I kept waiting for it and I think I got a wee burst sometime but it's gone lol. I also feel exhausted just looking at the house knowing I need to clean. And I get achy as soon as I'm too active.

I slept until 11 am this morning!!! I woke up like huh?!?! Nice hubby and son didn't wake me so that was nice. My iron is fine, it was checked last week. Same with BP.

NO answers just solidarity!

I'm exactly like this. This is baby 4 so i have 3 others and my OH is an oil rig worker so works away for 3 weeks at a time. I'm shattered. More than all the other times. Difference for me is this time is the constant playschool, nursery and school runs. Then the kids have their after school clubs. I feel like every day I'm just wishing by so its the kids bedtime so i can have my long bath and go to bed lol. This is definitely my last pregnancy!!!! X

So sorry lilmiss. I'm really struggling too. For me a big part of it is the weather. We stay inside so things get messy, we all get grumpy, everything spirals down, etc etc. It's been raining nonstop for a week and it's going to continue for another week... I can't wait for warm weather so I can shove the kids outside!

I feel the same! Breathless, tired, SPD, heartburn...I am so greatful to be blessed with another baby but I am SO BAD at being pregnant

With both of my pregnancies the vomiting didn't start until the second trimester. The nausea was terrible in the first tri, but I started vomiting daily (or multiple times a day) in the second tri and it just continued on until the baby was born. I felt so betrayed, like everyone on the internet had lied to me because I never got that burst of energy in the second tri like I was supposed to. I was just barfing and exhausted all day every day. I basically started out my pregnancies miserable and the misery just got worse and worse until baby finally popped out! The second pregnancy was so much worse than the first, because I was working nights to save on childcare and looking after my DD during the day. Looking after kids while pregnant just sucks the life out of you! It seemed so horrific at the time, but now I laugh and joke about it and it's all behind me. This to shall pass, just do whatever you need to survive each day (for me that meant eating A LOT of rice crispy squares!) and you will manage. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->