Really stupid question about fridge...

pinkpolkadot

Reaction score
Hey all! Sorry for the stupid question but I want to make my fridge colder, do I have to turn it up (towards '5') or down (towards '1') :dohh:? Neither DH or I can fathom it and don't want to risk ruining what's in there by experimenting!

Not a stupid question!
Going by the way mine works, you turn it up towards 5 for colder!

[I hope it's the same for all, as I don't want to ruin your food :haha:]

Made me chuckle, I went through this dilemma a few months ago! It was also 5 for me.. Although i then froze my yoghurts lmao! :(

up. BUT, be careful as if you are in and out it all day 5 is ok, but if not it will likely freeze stuff at teh back! Someone at work stuck our wee fridge up to 6 and froze all the stuff at the back and peoples lunches:(.............defrosted salad is rank"

up. BUT, be careful as if you are in and out it all day 5 is ok, but if not it will likely freeze stuff at teh back! Someone at work stuck our wee fridge up to 6 and froze all the stuff at the back and peoples lunches:(.............defrosted salad is rank"

Yeah, our salad got that treatment and now DH is banned from touching the settings on the fridge :rofl:

:haha: thanks all! I will turn it up then (but just by 1!!! and see how it goes!!!) :flower:

4 is normaly better,5 freazes my bread to the back of the fridge and is realy annoying.

Haha I always get confused by this but the way I think of it to remember is turn it up to make the fridge more powerful.
I'd only turn it up by one maybe and see how it goes rather than ending up stuck with stuff that's too cold/frozen.
Remember to turn it down a bit again in Winter as you won't need the fridge to work as hard then :)

Up. You can usually tell if the fridge makes a noise then its started working harder to make things cooler than the setting its currently at.

Turn it up :thumbup: But like the other ladies mentioned I wouldn't go all the way to 5 that will freeze almost everything in the back of the fridge. I know mine does that at just 3 :haha:

Mines been recently turned up to 2 :rofl: any higher and things at the back start to freeze like ham cheese salad yogurts etc

It's not a stupid question at all. I've wondered the same thing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->