Really upset with people doubting me :-(

I want to give you a hug.

I formula fed my 1st and breastfed my 2nd. I had an epidural with my 1st and a home birth with my 2nd.

I have to say, the 2nd was way easier. No faffing with stupid bottles, no overnight hospital stay and a crappy hospital bed. I think if you are a single mother especially (and just in general), you're choosing the easier path anyways ;) People just don't realize that because they probably havent' done both. I don't know a single woman who has done both and preferred the bottles/hospital. LOL

Glad you're feeling better today! I'm thankful that I haven't had any of this this time. I've generally stayed away from the people that would do it. A few months back I was discussing with a 'friend' what pram I wanted, one that I REALLY fell in love with and I got hit with Oh you don't want that one because of x-y & z. I ignored her and went ahead with my choice anyway, I also made a mental note to stay away from her or at the very least not discuss my choices with her... Which is tricky because she's pregnant too!

By the way I echo what all the other ladies have said, ignore them! you're going to make a fabulous mummy! :hugs:

Just ignore them! Of course you can do it. They're just jealous :)

Oh Sue! I hate that some people feel the need to put down a decision instead of supporting it!
At the end of the day you are going to be a supermum, look at everything you've done for Millie already. Working hard to provide for her, waiting a long time to meet her, and if these people don't understand that the decisions you make are made in her best interest them that's their problem.
Sure it would be nice if they could get down, or fall off :haha:, their high horses and give you the support you really deserve here, but if they're not going to do that then you'll just have to prove them wrong with the help of the people who will support you. :hi:
They'll eat their words when you're a breast feeding, cloth diapering beast!
And as for the dummies, well we don't plan on using them either, but if we have to we will, and we have them in the house because they came with our bottles. :haha:
Do you want me to beat them up? I'll totally beat them up!!!!!!!! :bike:

xxxx

sue_88, it seems everyone has lots of advice to give, and some people can be real jerks about it! It sounds like you have a good idea of how you want things to work, and she's your daughter so no-one else has a veto on how you do things. So long as you have a plan B and don't beat yourself up over it if one thing or another doesn't go as you expect, I think you'll do just fine. :)

dont listen to people...i had a crap ton of pacifiers (dummys) in my house with our first mainly because everyone bought them for us at my baby shower and we never used one..it was more she didnt want to use one but still its no one's business...i hate when people try to tell you how to raise your kid. i'm rather outspoken so when people give me their advice or opinions im not nice about it anymore :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->