Really want a homebirth! Uk

I had an attempted homebirth with ds and an actual hb with dd and it was wonderful.
I laboured in the pool and on the ball, gave birth kneeling on the floor leaning on the sofa in my lounge lol.
Northamptonshire have a home birth team that look after you from the start so you get to know hopefully at least one of the midwives who will attend you.
Xx

I'm with northants too and they are running monthly sessions at the hospital about low risk births I.e. those at the birthing centre an homebirth. There is one this Saturday I'm going to find out more

They also have a Facebook group for our hb team !
OP you might have something similar in your area. Xx

My first was in hospital and my second at home. Everyone thought I was insane too. I couldn't recommend it enough! It was perfect, I bought a layz spa and used that in my dining room!

Have been doing way too much earl research and found a website called barefoot-birthing where you can hire a pool and you get all the kit. Definitely considering water this time. Got fed up of being all hot and sweaty last time.looking forward to the handles at the side of the pool as I like to hang on and pull lol.

My midwife told me I should think about having a home birth this time round. I think they've been told to encourage them now. Just looking into hiring a pool, thanks to the other ladies on here for your advice. I've got to wait until 36 weeks though as I need a strep b test.

I home birthed for my second, I borrowed a pool from a friend but it didn't fill up in time I just gave birth kneeling on the dining room floor, we bought cheap DIY plastic sheeting which protected the carpets. I got loads of negative "you're crazy" comments, loads said "but you're not a hippy".......?! It was great, tbh wasn't fussed on where to labour as mine were both very quick and I had a great water hospital birth first time, it's afterwards that's nice, getting in my own bath, sitting on my sofa watching TV when doing the first BF, not having to leave DS1.

I'm glad your mw was positive about it :)

I had both my kids at home and this one will be born at home too, incredibly positive experience and I was lucky enough they were straightforward. Here was more resistance to it from mat services then but I'm glad I stood my ground. This time the mw was lovely when I said about it.

I've never used a pool so can't help with that sorry x

I'm starting to think I probably won't use a pool, I just thought I might help with the ring of fire! Lol if I want water relief I'll just go in my bath for a while xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->