Really worried... rash on face and really poorly!

Jadey121

Mummy of 2. Expecting No3
Reaction score
Theres a measles outbreak here and im so worried right now. Ive had a really bad cough/cougj for ages and now i have a temp along with this rash that has only just appeared. I called the assessment unit here and they will not see me as its not baby related. O cant get in my docs so ive had to ring the nhs helpline which the caller said a nurse will call me back in an hour. I dont know what measles even looks like but can anyone tell from the pic what it could be?! Its all over my face and i just feel really unwell :-( Juat waiting on them to call me back but i think ita awful that my docs wont see me as theres no appointments til tomorrow morning (emergencies) and my day care assessmeny will not see me as ibe no problems with baby. :-( I hope its nothing but im really worried :cry:

sorry about typos im on my phone!

Attachments

• 20130416_121155.jpg
    20130416_121155.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 19
Did you receive vaccinations and boosters against measles?

Do your symptoms match those of measles?

I'm sure the nurse can tell you more but maybe looking up a bit more information could ease your mind while you wait for the call:flower:

have you hadd mmr vaccine huni? also your immunity is checked at 12 weeks bloods...if it had flagged up then you should have been offered he vaccine then. it could be slapped cheek...ring docs back also and tell them you need a emergency appt today...failing tht do u have a walk in centre nr u? it could also just be a reaction to the cough/cold virus huni xxxx

I don't know what it is, does look a bit like measles but so do lots of things, but what I was going to say was, do you have a walk in centre near you? Most places have them now and if your doctor can't see you then you are well within your rights to go down and ask to be seen x

Looks more like a rubella rash or similar, which is pretty much harmless to baby in 3rd tri. Don't understand why you have to be seen by a separate doc though, during pregnancy! That sucks. Here, my obgyn is my centralized resource for any medical issues during pregnancy, especially something that worries you about effecting the baby.

well nhs called me back and they said call the gp they have to fit you in today. Im being just being passed around!
I called docs and demanded to seen! When i mentioned the nhs advice line they soon gave me an emergency appointment.
Ive got all the symptoms like cough/cold. Rasied temp its just this rash its more like a raised red rash so i dont think it is measles (thank god) I just want to be seen to be sure. Its still there and i still feel like death! Appointment is at 4.10pm so hopefully the doc can shed some light! xx

Oh im sure i had all my jabs too when i was younger. Mw hasnt said anything about having more jabs whilst pregnant so im gathering im ok!

Hope you are feeling a little better & your appointment went well. X

Went to the docs yday and she admitted me straight to hospital as she was worried about the unknown rash!
I had bloods taken / ecg etc and turns out i have a nasty viral infection. Ive had other bloods sent off to check for other bad things but they just think its a viral thing. My thyroid function is borderline hypo too and my heart is racing so will need to see a consultant about that. Must only happen in pregnancy the thyroid thing as the same happened with ds2. Got sent home after 5 hours with some anti bs and was told to go back in a week if it hasnt all cleared as its been 4 weeks already! Glad i got to come home though xx

Just goes to show you, GP receptionists are useless, if it was bad enough for her to admit you to hospital, you shouldn't have been told to wait! They do make me mad. Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->