Really worried supply is drying up at 11mnths

threebirds

Reaction score
My 11month old LO has just gone down to bed without his bedrltime feed :( :(
When he tried to feed he couldn't get anything and so bit me. I took him off. He got really upset. Put him back on but he was too upset to suck properly and so bit me - you get the picture. This continued for a few mins so in the end I just cuddled and rocked him until he went over, which didnt take long as he was exhausted. I feel terrible, like I've let him down. He does tend to feed better at night so Im hoping when he wakes next time he might feed okay. Will keep checking my flow and if it seems ok I might try a dream feed. Right now Im just sore from the bites.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks x

Maybe just try expressing/pumping to get your supply back up? I'm sure he's fine, he wouldn't have gone to sleep otherwise! :haha: Try not to worry :flower:

I agree he is probably quite fine. He'll just wake up earlier in the night for a feed, likely. It might not have even been that he couldn't get milk. Perhaps he wasn't hungry and felt like biting you. He may be teething. My DD randomly bites me, and she especially does it if I try to feed her when she's not really hungry.

Personal question, but is it something to do with your cycle? If you have got (or recently got) your periods back, it could be a natural response to hormonal changes. I notice drops in supply/slower letdowns at various points in my cycle, especially now my baby has cut her feeds right down ... I got my periods back at 8.5 months pp.

Or he could be teething and having difficulty coordinating his mouth right now. Mine is hopeless at breastfeeding when she teethes, especially front teeth. She also bites me a lot, as her gums hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->