Rear ended- would you go to the ER?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
I've been grappling back and forth about whether to go to the ER. I was rear ended yesterday and was cramping all day, no bleeding. I'm fine today. I had minor whiplash but that's also gone now. They weren't able to get me an appointment, so they wanted me to go to the ER (but they always says that). I have a prenatal on Friday so just not sure 5 days matters because it's not like they can do anything anyway. I sent my gyn a message but thought I would ask here.

Personally I would go get checked out hun, just to be sure all was well. It's good that you aren't having any bleeding or cramping today but just for peace of mind. :Hugs:

Aww sorry hun :hugs: I would go and get checked out just to be on the safe side and for peace of mind.
Hope everything is OK :hugs:

I was rear ended at 11 weeks this pregnancy and felt fine other than some mild cramping. I went to the ER just to be sure. Obviously everything was fine but it still put my mind at peace

Ty ladies I went and it actually made me feel worse lol. I felt fine before. I have the no bleeding, no problem mentality. They scanned and bean's hb was fine but he couldn't figure out how to use the machine to measure it, so he tried counting. And I'm sitting then like ummmmmm whatever. Then he adds that trauma can take up to 72 hours to cause a miscarriage so gee thanks.

Sorry that they made you even more worried :hugs:
Great news that everything was ok though.

Ty it was nice to see beanie's head. It was so much more defined from last week even if the rest just looked like a blob. But the hb did look fine measured or not. Idk. I just know I have a headache now lol

Aww how sweet :cloud9:

Hope your headache is better soon :hugs:

Your little bean is probably blissfully unaware anything has happened, such a shame they couldn't find someone who could actually work the machine!. Hopefully your upcoming appointment will put your mind at ease. X

Ugh, do they have to make a bad situation worse??? I am sure you'll be okay, though. I would only worry if I was much further along.

See that made me feel worse because before he scanned me he said if I was over 23 weeks they could send me to L&D to do various things but trauma under 23 weeks there is NOTHING they can do. I feel better today. His exact words were "you would just have to wait to miscarry" 5 days until my prenatal
:)

Glad you're feeling better today Dobby :hugs:

Happy 8 weeks!

Ugh...He sounds horrible. I'm sorry you went through that. But baby looked good which I'm sure was wonderful to see. Praying the next few days goes by quickly for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->