Rear-Facing Support, Questions & Answers

So thought you ladies might share in my excitement....

Found out yesterday we should be getting a new car VERY soon, which will be bigger, either a minivan or SUV which means....Hayden will be able to go back RF!!!!!!!!! He won't be able to kick his brothers anymore haha

Hi rear facers...... I'm considering buying the Maxi cosi Mobi off the carseat.se site and just wondered if anyone owned it, and what they think of it? Does it fit in small cars? I noticed the leg room looks good on it. Oh and also, do the anchor straps - the ones that connect to the front seat behind the carseat - come with the carseat??

Thanks x

So thought you ladies might share in my excitement....

Found out yesterday we should be getting a new car VERY soon, which will be bigger, either a minivan or SUV which means....Hayden will be able to go back RF!!!!!!!!! He won't be able to kick his brothers anymore haha

Yay!! We have been looking into vans as well. We have the teeny little Honda Fit and it gets VERY irritating at times. I can't imagine how we'll manage with it when we have our second baby sometime in the future. So you'll have to let me know what you guys get and if you like it. :D :thumbup:

Hi rear facers...... I'm considering buying the Maxi cosi Mobi off the carseat.se site and just wondered if anyone owned it, and what they think of it? Does it fit in small cars? I noticed the leg room looks good on it. Oh and also, do the anchor straps - the ones that connect to the front seat behind the carseat - come with the carseat??

Thanks x

How small is the car? I know it wouldnt fit in my car - a citroen saxo :blush:

Yes, you get one set of anchor straps with each seat, you can purchase more if youre likely to need to move between cars (makes it quicker).

Drop carseat.se an email for more info on the size of the Mobi - Hakan should be able to point you in the right direction with regards to size etc.

Hello ladies. I'm so excited to have found this thread. We are going to ERF with Esme for as long as she puts up with it and are looking into car seats now. Trying to choose between the Maxi Cosi Mobi and the BeSafe iZiKid. Any opinions?

Also, for anyone in the UK who is in the Essex area, Cathy at the Essex In Car Road Safety Centre on +44 1268 297593 will probably be able to give you information on the fitting of both FF and RF seats in your car - she spends all her time fitting seats into various makes & models, and advising people on car seats. (It is a free service run by Essex County Council, not linked to any retailer, and therefore impartial). She is passionate about and ERF car safety and will be able to give you some ideas of what might suit your vehicle.

Thanks x

Yes, you get one set of anchor straps with each seat, you can purchase more if youre likely to need to move between cars (makes it quicker).

Drop carseat.se an email for more info on the size of the Mobi - Hakan should be able to point you in the right direction with regards to size etc.

Hi Oushka, my car is a HondA cIVIC, THE old kind so prob will be big enough, but plan on changing it soon to something like a fiesta, hope that should be ok as the Mobi is the only one I like!

Thanks for your help x

Hello ladies. I'm so excited to have found this thread. We are going to ERF with Esme for as long as she puts up with it and are looking into car seats now. Trying to choose between the Maxi Cosi Mobi and the BeSafe iZiKid. Any opinions?

Also, for anyone in the UK who is in the Essex area, Cathy at the Essex In Car Road Safety Centre on +44 1268 297593 will probably be able to give you information on the fitting of both FF and RF seats in your car - she spends all her time fitting seats into various makes & models, and advising people on car seats. (It is a free service run by Essex County Council, not linked to any retailer, and therefore impartial). She is passionate about and ERF car safety and will be able to give you some ideas of what might suit your vehicle.

I never looked into the maxicosy as i needed a seat for my 6 month old. I got the besafe izi isofix and am very happy with it. fits in my renault modus and partners bmw 1series fine. just a little squished when sitting in front of it lol. if anything as little to upright for my 6 month old.

Thanks x

Hi Oushka, my car is a HondA cIVIC, THE old kind so prob will be big enough, but plan on changing it soon to something like a fiesta, hope that should be ok as the Mobi is the only one I like!

Thanks for your help x

we have a fiesta and have the britax hiway. I dont think the mobi will fit well into a fiesta tbh. we have to push the front seat forward quite a bit to get the hiway in.

also just email carseat.se and tell them your car model and the car u plan on getting and theyll tell you which seat to get. thats what we did. originally we wanted the multitech but they said ud have to put the front seat waaaaay forward.

Went to the car safety centre today and the lady said that there is this new type of car seat called kiddy, which although not RF has some of the benefits of RF in a front on collision. Has anyone else come across this seat, or these claims??

I don't see how that could even be possible? Unless it's strapping their head to the back of the carseat lol. What benefits did it say were like RF?

I just went on the website, and the way they hold the child in it apparently reduces the strain on the neck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-dhlo2wqKY

Have a look.
Having said that I've been reading some reviews and people say its really hard to get the LO into it, plus that big wedge doesn't look that comfy.

Think I might get the Britax secura if I can't get isofix (latch) put into my car.

Oh now that I see the video I have seen that seat before, I've heard good things about it, but I don't know of any proof that it is even close to being as safe as RF. We don't have the seat here so I don't know enough about it. I personally would choose a RF seat still, though this seat looks cool

it doesn't look comfy! It looks like the child can';t put his arms down!

bumping this to ask a question...

we need to get a new car seat for Adam soon - he does still fit in his Maxi Cosi Cabriofix but he's looking rather squished.

we were planning to get the Britax Hi-way after emailing with the guy at carseat.se, but we've recently sold our Peugeot 206 (miserable rotting dangerous heap of junk that it was) and are buying a new Citroen C3 VT. It looks to me to be very similar in terms of back-seat space, but it's got Isofix, which the 206 didn't.

I've sent another email to Mr carseat.se, but was wondering if anyone else has such a small car with Isofix and which seat did you get. Looking at what's for sale on carseat.se, the Duologic II seems compact, is Isofix, but only 0-40lb, not 0-55lb; however if Adam sticks to his curve he'd be over 4 years old by the time he was 40lb.

Any recommendations, anyone? :flower: I would ideally buy a seat from the UK but am fine about ordering from Sweden if I have to.

I think 40lb rear facing limit is great if that one works better in your car. I'm not familiar with your car so I can't say since I'm in the US. But our seat goes to 45lbs, we don't have any higher, our other one was 35lbs and Hayden is soon to be 3 and would still have TONS of room to grow in that. To give you an idea Casen is 5 and 38lbs. So I think 40lbs is a realistic limit for an average child

I found one of these for $169 and Im getting it monday the guy that has it is holding it for me :happydance: not as good of deal as you got but pretty good I thought! I wanted it so he could rear face til 45 lbs...

The Radian?? Still a great deal!!!!!!!!! Which version is it? If it's 45 it would be 80SL or XTSL. Gotta post pics!!!

Car seat related but not rear facing.....

Landon and Casen's new booster seats will be here tomorrow, so excited!!

https://www.diapers.com/product/productdetail.aspx?productid=20477

this is the one Im getting they did have the exact one you got but he was selling it when I walked in to look at them but I like this one just as well :)

I like the print!! I'd love to see pics when you get it! I haven't seen that one in real life yet, that pattern, and usually real pictures show the colors better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->