Reason to be concerned?

0Nana

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to BabyandBump and joined to learn about others experiences & gain + give support.

Well I'm 22 yrs old and is my first time being pregnant. I believe that I am about 6 weeks. A week ago I thought I was getting my period late when I started spotting but it was extremely light & only lasted 2 days.
So I took a number of pregnancy tests and all of them came back confirming Im pregnant with a 3+ (meaning I was at least 5weeks).

The reason I'm concerned is because almost every day for the past week, off & on, I've seen more spotting. Most of it was just a little dried blood when I wiped, but lately I've been seeing fresh blood.
I haven't had any bad cramping with the bleeding, but I do remember I had some cramping before I even knew I was pregnant. Is this cause for concern? I'm scared that seeing blood everyday (even though the amounts are light) is a bad sign.

Also, I haven't had any symptoms really except for some breast tenderness. I haven't been to the Doctors yet because insurance reasons but I got that straightened out today. So I plan on making an appointment soon, but my family doesn't know and I cannot tell them.
The stress of that plus the concern of my baby's health is really getting to me. Can anyone relate?

Hi and welcome!!! Congrats!! That's so exciting! This is baby #4 for me, and with this pregnancy I've had spotting since 4 weeks. Fresh blood and brown blood, almost every day for 3 weeks. It really worried me. I finally went to the ER to get checked at 6 weeks 3 days, and they did a quick u/s and saw baby with a heartbeat. The doctor told me that 1 in 4 women have unexplained bleeding in early pregnancy, which means it's A LOT of women and very common. So try not to worry unless you get heavy heavy bleeding and heavy bad cramping. If you're worried see your doctor, but I just wanted to let you know that bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage.
Hang in there and get checked if the bleeding continues!! Hugs

Hey Nana- so I have unfortunately seen go the outcomes from the bleeding. Best thing to do is see a doctor to rule out ectopic. In my case, I hv had light pink spotting with both pregnancies for a week. Had a healthy boy and tomorrow hv my 9.5 week scan (fingers crossed)But again, I recommend getting to a doc. The test result does sound promising though!
Jen, good to c u and the bean r going strong.
Congrats ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->