Reasonable amount of weight to loose??

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
So i weighed myself today.....13st 12lbs:cry:

I am in a size 14 atm and desperately want to loose weight.

I start officially tomorow but i was wondering,based on my weight,what is a reasonable amount of weight to loose by christmas?

I was thinking down to 9st!

What d'ya reckon? Would i be able to do it?

Or am i being unrealistic?

Honest opinions would be appriciated,thanks xxx

you could manage it but maybe set smaller goals so its more realistic ie aim for 1stone a month. are you breastfeeding? if so maybe aim for a smaller target. good luck!

you could manage it but maybe set smaller goals so its more realistic ie aim for 1stone a month. are you breastfeeding? if so maybe aim for a smaller target. good luck!

Thanks,im bottle feeding so that wont be a problem but i think thats a better idea to set smaller goals,thanks x

It depends how tall you are hun, Im 5,2 and am aiming for 8st7lbs x

2lbs a week is a normal, healthy weightloss and what someone should expect. Any more and you risk damaging yourself nutritionally.

2lbs a week is a normal, healthy weightloss and what someone should expect. Any more and you risk damaging yourself nutritionally.

Just been online and calulated what my weight loss would have to be and it is 4.2lbs per week so ill be re thinking how much weight.
Didnt really know 2lbs was the normal weight loss.
thanks for the advice x

As long as you make sure you're healthy, then it's ok to lose more. Just remember you won't always lose it at that rate. If you have a look at my weightloss diary, I try to eat really healthy and exercise. The first month I did that, I lost 16lbs. It was ok though, as I was getting all my vitamins, oils, and protein. A lot of people diet, but don't actually make sure they are getting enough nutrition.

If you think you might me missing out on your vitamins and minerals, it might be worth taking a multi vimamin.

25 pounds would be healthy. Any more than that might be unrealistic and hard to keep off once lost. Good luck!!!

Aim for 2 stone instead of almost 4! It's better if you lose more than expected than not reaching your goal IYKWIM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->