Reasons For C-Section?

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
Can i be nosey and ask why people had c-sections?
I know you can have an elective c-section, and the obvious baby being breech or problems during labour.

Is there any other reasons for having one? I really don't want to have one unless i really really have to cos i doubt my bf will get lots of time off work to help me out =[

Im just wondering really....!

I had pre-eclampsia and they sent me to the hospital saying they needed to get the baby out ASAP and didn't have a whole lot of time to let me labour so I'd be having a section. 3 days later + 23 hours of induced labour, what do you know, I needed the c-section after all. My blood pressure went too high and her head was really big, there was no way I was getting her out on my own.

There's lots of reasons for a c-section. Too high blood pressure, baby not descending into the birth canal, the mom reaching a point of exhaustion and not being able to do it anymore, the baby going into distress, etc.

However! I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just make sure you educate yourself on what its going to be like after so that you are mentally prepared (my biggest mistake) if you do in fact need to have one. They do hurt, and it takes a longer time to recover. It only takes a few days - a week though to be able to get up and do things somewhat normally(or that was my experience). I would enlist a friend or relative after your bf's time off in the event you do have to have one.

I had one as Carly basically pooped in me ( i know what the term is thats used i just dont know how to spell it :lol:) this indicated she became distressed and if i wasnt able to progress in labour any further they would have to take over.

Nothing progressed so emergency C-section was done.

With Ella i had OC which i needed to be monitoerd alot , i had to have her 2 weeks before i was due , as it would of been too risky , since i had complications giving birth to Carly is was safer to do another c-section .

Oooohh! My mindwife has only really spoken to me about v-birth so i thought i better educate myself!

i got a emergency section because i have heart problems and my heart rate went down during labour :p

I had a section because I have a narrow birth canal (I'm small framed) and had a 9lb 14oz baby. :)

i had a c/section with seth as he was laying akweird and his heart rate dropped which ended up me having emergancy,not to mention i was in labour from sunday to tuesday (seth was delivered tuesday afternoon.)
with my second pregnancy i choose to have elective c/s because of the complication i went through with seth.

i new right from the start that i might not be able to have kids naturally,as the doctors were concerned about me having a small pelvis,(im only 174cm tall)

i had one cause jack was back to back which meant i couldnt push him out.

I had one because Dec was breech, it was emergency because he decided to try and come before my surgery date.

i had an emergency one due to maddi being in distress (heart rate dropping with every contraction) and lack of progress, asfter 40hours i was still only 3cm :dohh: tbh it looks likely i could never had had her naturally, and she was 9lb 3 and half oz! x

I had one because I was induced and she was distressed by the drip which brought on the contractions - her heart rate kept dropping and disappearing when it got to a certain strength, plus my waters had broken at 4.30am, I had been having contractions all day and was still only 1cm dilated at 9pm! x

i had one as my son was breech and his bum was stuck i did have a ecv firstly but that failed so had to have a c section

Ally was distressed and well and truly stuck! They tried to ventouse him out which only made things worse so it was the sunroof exit for him.

I had one cos charlies heart rate dropped when i had the epidural so they had to give me a emergency section xxx

Alfies heart rate dropped to almost nothing with each contraction, pushed for over an hour, still stuck. They tried ventouse, still stuck! Turned out he had the entire cord wrapped round his neck with a short stretched part back to the placenta. They had to cut the cord inside my tum.

My friend has had 2 both for -Failing to progress x

My first C-section was after 6 days of being hooked up to pitocin, waters broken for 3 days and being in active labour, but was not dialating.
My second C-Sections was because about 5 months after my first born I had an ectopic pregnancy (well actually a more severe and rare type called a corneal pregnancy) which ruptured and I almost died. You cannot labour after a corneal pregnancy, as it is too risky for a rupture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->