Reasons For C-Section?

I had one as my waters were accidently broken by a MW at my 38 week appointment and after 24 hours and all the meds i was not dilating...

Unless the baby is breech (as mine was....undiagnosed...been in active labour for about 5 hours... nearly 8cms dialated... THEN find out we're dealing with a breech baby and have an emergency C-section!!!) or the baby is in distress, if I were you I'd fight if they want to 'encourage' you to have a C-section.

Some things I was never told, and will definately keep in mind for next time : From the time your water breaks you've got 48 hours to deliver naturally before the risk of infection increases... and unless there is actually an infection present, I'm pretty sure they cant MAKE you have an c-section anyway.

Your not 'on the clock', even if you have an ob. if your ob. wants to get out by 5pm, tough titties, you're delivering when you're good and ready... so if ANYONE wants to schedual a c-section for their own convieniance they can go to you know where.

Personally, I wish I didn't have to have a section (although I did HAVE to have one, as Jasper was 2 weeks overdue, in breech position and becoming distressed :(... there was NO way around it!) as I did take the full 6 weeks to recover and my OH wasn't very helpful, he didn't understand AT ALL, as he's never even really been sick, let alone had to recover from major surgery, and it was AWFUL being in pain, taking care of a baby AND feeling like I wasn't being taken care of physically or emotionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->