Reassurances? I just had a bad blow to abdomen :(

Skywalker

Reaction score
I was just kneeling over the tub trying to get my son to sit in the bath and he flailed, making me lose balance. Mom reflex, I didn't let go of him, so I didn't have a hand to catch myself as I fell forward. My fall was broken by the edge of the bath tub right above my pubic bone. It hurt so bad for at least one or two minutes. I finished his bath and put him down for a nap and it had stopped hurting by then, checked myself in the bathroom and no bleeding, but I'm freaked out. I know that the uterus doesn't move up above the pubic Bo e until 12 weeks but this was such a hard, direct blow to the abdomen that it has me freaked out. At minimum it compressed my organs which in turn probably compressed the uterus with the impact of the blow. I immediately got on the couch and put my feet up after putting my son down and now I am so worried and looking for reassurance. I have my first scan on Monday which I am so thankful for not just as a first scan but now just to make sure everything is okay.

Oh huni I hope you are OK! They are so cushioned in there I'm sure all will be fine & like you say the uterus is still under the public bone at this stage. I had a car accident with my ds at 16 weeks the seat belt most certainly dug in to my belly with a lot of force & I feared the worst but he was totally fine. However I only felt reassured after a scan. You've only got to wait till Monday try not to worry & rest til then. Xx

I seriously doubt you have anything to worry about. My dog who is 25 pounds jumps up and puts her full weight sometimes right on my lower abdomen every other day while looking for a comfy spot XD it hurts a whole lot but I'm nearly 12 weeks and the baby is absolutely fine. You baby is super protected by your bone right now and your uterus I would imagine. If you are worried I would call your doctor.

My dog did the same thing! She is a 20kilo lump of muscle and I was laying in bed. I wasn't expecting her to take a running jump but she did and landed directly on my abdomen. The wind was knocked right out of me and i was in heaps of pain but it went away not too long afterwards. No bleeding thankfully! Good luck, i think you will be just fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->