Reception mums

LegoHouse

Mummy of one of each <3
Reaction score
Anyone else really struggling with missing their child even almost a year on? Sometimes I just feel really pants. I miss her. I miss us. I miss being able to do whatever I want to do with her whenever I want to. We hardly get to spend time together any more. I feel guilty. Ugh!! :(

My apologies- but not sure what reception is? You mean because you work now? Figured I better clarify before attempting a response :)

In school here, they start the September after they turn 4, full days, it's called reception x

Awe ok- I get it now :) Thanks for clarifying...

I can see why it's tough hun, as it's a big change for you. Even if it's been a year- that doesn't mean there is any set time you just suddenly become OK with it. For me personally, I work full time- so I'll just say how it is I look at it (and you can take that for whatever it's worth ;) )- for me, because I work full time- I just make sure to enjoy the time I do have with LO as much as I can. So it's not about the time- but the quality of the time. I do miss her... but I also know this is just how my life is- and that the relationship I have with my LO will never suffer because of distance- it would only suffer if I wasn't a good Mom. But I am a good Mom. Just like you are a good Mom... and your LO will grow and expand her world, and experience new things. Which, are mostly going to be good things. And even when moments are rough on her- she will come to you for support and love and re-assurance, cause your her Mom :)

Maybe that won't make you feel any better... but life, just is. And sometimes it's about how we look at what we have and appreciate those moments rather than be sad for what we don't have. If that makes any sense. :hugs:

my first thought was - well it's only been 6 months :rofl: and somehow that makes it ok in my head :haha: I still find it hard too, I try to plan in really nice things for us to do in the holidays or weekends though. Quality time I guess.

Caitlyn's at her dads at weekends. By 5pm she asks to go to bed. I feel like I can't do anything with Oliver because I'm too guilty that she's never with us. Ugh :(

I do! I miss her most because she's tired and mischievous when she gets home,which results in me telling her constantly not to kick her brothers in the head/pour water on her toys/throw her food on the floor which results in more bad behaviour from her... Its a never-ending weekday cycle! :(

Caitlyn's at her dads at weekends. By 5pm she asks to go to bed. I feel like I can't do anything with Oliver because I'm too guilty that she's never with us. Ugh :(

Does she have to go both days? that's very unfair on you and your relationship with her. My son just goes to his Dad's saturday 4pm til sunday 5:30pm so we get saturday together.

I agree that spending all weekend with her dad doesn't seem fair on you. If she was going to bed later then it would be a bit different as you'd have more time each evening.

I missed my boy when he first started although i was used to him going to playschool 3 mornings a week before that. I missed having him around to talk to etc.
The way i looked at it though was that i'd make holidays special. I don't work and i love the school holidays. I love the fact that we can do whatever the lo's want to do. We tend to try and make every day count. So this coming monday is a teacher training day at Daniel's school - the two of them are going swimming early in the morning (they both love swimming but also i'm not well enough to be getting up at 7am with them) and then we are going to get their feet measured as the shoe shop we use is miles away. But after that we will enjoy the day together and do what Daniel wants to do - most likely go to the park and also go somewhere for a coffee and lunch.

Hannah is constantly overtired and uhh bratty when she gets home to :dohh: BUT we have the weekends together and we generally spend a lot of time together than. I don't think it's fair either that he gets her every weekend! You should be able to have a special day/weekend with her!

I am always excited to go get her off the bus but I do also enjoy the 1 on 1 time with Rhys :blush: We don't get much of it when Hannah's home as she tends to be the more demanding of the two

Hi I feel the same. I miss toby lots now he has started school. I work saturdays as well so I miss that day with him as well. I cant wait for the easter holidays to have him at home for 2 weeks x

God i am dreading September... im already bad enough with 3 mornings at Pre School :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->